How to include the new speed limits of Madrid (Spain)?

How to include the new speed limits of Madrid (Spain)?

Alejandro Moreno Calvo
A few weeks ago has been aproved a new regulation on Madrid (Spain) and default speed limits have been modified in 80% of streets and several new limits have been created that I do not know how to represent in Openstreetmaps.

The new limits are:
30km/h for streets with lanes = 1 (or
without label lanes), oneway = yes and without max-speed signal.
30km/h for streets with lanes = 2 (or without label lanes), oneway = no
and without max-speed signal.

hese new limits are only imposed by the new regulations and this could change in the future. If a street has a max-spe

How can I mapping? I think that an option is use max-speed=30km/h with source:maxspeed=ES-Madrid:urban (or something similar) but I'm not very confortable with this tagging. I don't know if there are any option to show this default max-speed in a boundary.

Re: How to include the new speed limits of Madrid (Spain)?

OSMDoudou

Sorry I didn’t take the time to read it all to verify but I seem to remember it was dealing with the same concern of tagging explicitly or implicitly (by tagging a parent area).

HTH.

Re: How to include the new speed limits of Madrid (Spain)?

Alejandro Moreno Calvo
Thanks OSMDoudou.

I have read discussion and I have seen that there aren't a clear conclussion.

I'll be aware if something new is defined.