Humanitarian Presets in French (assistance needed)

Humanitarian Presets in French (assistance needed)

Kate Chapman-2
Hey All,

One of the requests from our OSM partners in Haiti is to get the
Humanitarian JOSM presets in French.

It would be a big help to us if someone could assist.  The presets are
up in github right now here:
http://github.com/wonderchook/OpenStreetMap-Humanitarian-Tags/blob/master/humanitarian_presets_josm.xml

If you are into github the easiest thing would be to fork and edit, if
not github fluent editing the humanitarian_presets_josm.xml and
emailing the file to me would also work.  The key="" information needs
to remain the same, but the information inside text="" and name="" is
what we would like to have translated into French.

Thanks so much, if you, the translator is attending SOTM I owe you a drink:)

-Kate

Re: Humanitarian Presets in French (assistance needed)

Jean-Guilhem Cailton
Hi Kate,

A translation proposal is now in github, under a fork at :
http://github.com/rodo/OpenStreetMap-Humanitarian-Tags/blob/master/humanitarian_presets_josm.xml

I have assumed that, like the "key=..." content, the "values=..." was
not to be translated, for interoperability (it was sometimes already in
French). Please let me know if this assumption was wrong.

Nice to be able to contribute to help Haiti remotely again.

Jean-Guilhem

Re: Humanitarian Presets in French (assistance needed)

Kate Chapman-2
Hi Jean-Guilhem,

That is correct about the "key=" and the "values=".

Thank you so much for your help!

-Kate