I do not see an imported gml file

iomeneandrei
Hi all,
I have imported with jgrass console a gml vector file:
grass {
        v.in.ogr dsn=/home/andrea/.../geodata/vector/test_vector_poly/geopoly.gml -o output=filegml1
}

And I have had:
3 input polygons
Total area: 1.896320e+06 (3 areas)
Overlapping area: 0.000000e+00 (0 areas)
Area without category: 0.000000e+00 (0 areas)

Then I would like to add this imported file in my map: I run the add layer wizard, I choose "database JGrass", I select the correct location, but I'm not able to find in it the imported layer. It's not listed. I'm sure that it's there, because I'm able to see it with Grass.

Is there something wrong in my procedure?

Thank you,

Andrea Borruso

email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: I do not see an imported gml file

Silvia Franceschi-2
Hi Andrea,
you are right... the new GRASS vector format is not jet supported by JGrass. This is the reason for which you don't see the vectors in your location.

In JGrass you can use shapefile for visualization and, if you need the interaction between GRASS and JGrass and you want to make some analysis using GRASS commands so, you have to use always the conversion between GRASS vectors and shapfiles.

In this case, I suppose, you imported the vector in GRASS for some analysis. At this point you can:
1. use GRASS commands to see if you have the vector in your location (like g.list)
2. use GRASS commands to make analysis on those vectors
3. if the result of the analysis is a raster, so no problem you can see it in JGrass without problems
4. if the result of the analysis is a vector, if you want to see it you have to export it with the command v.out.ogr

Hope this helps,

Ciao

Silvia

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 10:45 AM, iomeneandrei <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,
I have imported with jgrass console a gml vector file:
grass {
       v.in.ogr dsn=/home/andrea/.../geodata/vector/test_vector_poly/geopoly.gml
-o output=filegml1
}

And I have had:
3 input polygons
Total area: 1.896320e+06 (3 areas)
Overlapping area: 0.000000e+00 (0 areas)
Area without category: 0.000000e+00 (0 areas)

Then I would like to add this imported file in my map: I run the add layer
wizard, I choose "database JGrass", I select the correct location, but I'm
not able to find in it the imported layer. It's not listed. I'm sure that
it's there, because I'm able to see it with Grass.

Is there something wrong in my procedure?

Thank you,

-----
Andrea Borruso

Re: I do not see an imported gml file

iomeneandrei
Ciao Silvia,
this helps me a lot

Silvia Franceschi-2 wrote
In JGrass you can use shapefile for visualization and, if you need the
interaction between GRASS and JGrass and you want to make some analysis
using GRASS commands so, you have to use always the conversion between GRASS
vectors and shapfiles.
GRAZIE