IHO S-57 map format support ?

Arioch
Hello!

Is uDig supposed to read maps of S-57 format ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHO -> publications -> S-57

uDig is built upon GeoTools, which seems to support reading of S-57 -
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/OGR+Data+Store

But when i try to open S-57 file, some general error without detailed
description pops up.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: IHO S-57 map format support ?

Jody Garnett-2
I have not tried hooking up the OGR datastore; there is also a community module for TAB which uses command line OGR to unpack TAB files into a nice temporary file for visual display.

Either approach would work; it would just need an interested volunteer.

--
Jody Garnett

On Friday, 29 July 2011 at 7:11 AM, Arioch wrote:

Hello!

Is uDig supposed to read maps of S-57 format ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHO -> publications -> S-57

uDig is built upon GeoTools, which seems to support reading of S-57 -
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/OGR+Data+Store

But when i try to open S-57 file, some general error without detailed
description pops up.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: IHO S-57 map format support ?

Arioch
Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> писал(а) в своём письме Fri, 29 Jul
2011 02:53:10 +0400:

>  I have not tried hooking up the OGR datastore; there is also a
> community module for TAB which uses command line OGR to unpack TAB files
> into a nice temporary file for visual display.

what should i add into uDig to get S-57 format being read  and maybe
exported to other formats ?
maybe there'd to be p2 update site for modular installing ?
and btw, if uDig cannot recognize format it could tell so, instead of
failure during loading