ITOworld maps

Brian Prangle-2
ITOworld  maps which showed a huge variety of visualisations of OSM data seems to have gone offline. For about a week now I've been getting

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

Does anybody know what's happenng here? - those maps were incredibly useful

Regards

Brian

Re: ITOworld maps

David Woolley
On 13/07/2019 15:33, Brian Prangle wrote:

> ITOworld  maps which showed a huge variety of visualisations of OSM data
> seems to have gone offline. For about a week now I've been getting
>

>   503 Service Unavailable
>
> No server is available to handle this request.
>
> Does anybody know what's happenng here? - those maps were incredibly useful

I was under the impression that this free service was closed down many
months ago.

I guess there were management changes and it was no longer considered a
useful loss leader.

Re: ITOworld maps

Andy Townsend
On 13/07/2019 15:33, Brian Prangle wrote:
> ITOworld  maps which showed a huge variety of visualisations of OSM
> data seems to have gone offline.

Hi Brian,

I suspect that many (most?) of the visualisations that ITO used to
provide could be done with Overpass / Overpass turbo (even as far as
styling the results
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_turbo#MapCSS_Styling ) - if
there are any ones that you particularly miss it might be worth asking
on help.osm.org as someone will surely be able to figure out the
overpass syntax.

Best Regards,

Andy