Image Georeferencing View - New snapshot

Image Georeferencing View - New snapshot

Mauricio Pazos

There is a new snapshot of Image Georeferencing View. It is available in the community update site for udig 1.2.1.

More in

http://udig-news.blogspot.com/2011/05/image-georeferencing-view-rc3-for-udig.html

cheers

--

Mauricio Pazos

www.axios.es

Re: [udig-devel] Image Georeferencing View - New snapshot

Daniele Romagnoli
Hi Mauricio,
I have tried updating my UDIG 1.2.1 with that community module as reported in the download section of the referred page [1], but I'm getting this error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.core 4 0 2011-05-24 11:04:49.162
!MESSAGE Unable to retrieve remote reference "http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/features/es.axios.udig.spatialoperations_1.3.0.201010061105.jar". [Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/features/es.axios.udig.spatialoperations_1.3.0.201010061105.jar.]
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FatalIOException: Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/features/es.axios.udig.spatialoperations_1.3.0.201010061105.jar.
    at org.eclipse.update.internal.core.UpdateManagerUtils.checkConnectionResult(UpdateManagerUtils.java:468)
    at org.eclipse.update.core.ContentReference.getInputStream(ContentReference.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureContentProvider.asLocalReference(FeatureContentProvider.java:264)
    at org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.getFeatureEntryArchiveReferences(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:157)
    at org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.getFeatureManifestReference(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:83)
    at org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedFactory.createFeature(FeaturePackagedFactory.java:39)
    at org.eclipse.update.core.Site.createFeature(Site.java:536)
    at org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.createFeature(FeatureReference.java:124)
    at org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.getFeature(FeatureReference.java:112)
    at org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.getFeature(FeatureReference.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.update.internal.search.SiteSearchCategory$FeatureDownloader.run(SiteSearchCategory.java:218)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

As far as I can see, that file is listed here:
http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/

But when you try to download it, you get a 404.
Do you have any chance to check whether it has been properly uploaded?

Best Regards,
Daniele

[1]: http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is a new snapshot of Image Georeferencing View. It is available in the community update site for udig 1.2.1.

More in

http://udig-news.blogspot.com/2011/05/image-georeferencing-view-rc3-for-udig.html

cheers

--

Mauricio Pazos

www.axios.es

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Software Engineer

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 962313

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeoSolutionsIT
http://it.linkedin.com/in/danieleromagnoli

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:51:42 PM Mauricio Pazos wrote:

> You should select the last version of spatial operations, that is:

> es.axios.udig.spatialoperations 1.2.1.201103041300.

> As you can see in the attached sceenshots, I have installed the last

> version of spatial operations, Image Georeferencing and Editing tools

> without problems.

> This test was done in linux environment.

> What is your platform?

We have test windows. It was OK

--

Mauricio Pazos

www.axios.es

Re: [udig-devel] Image Georeferencing View - New snapshot

Daniele Romagnoli
Hi Mauricio,
thanks for your reply.

2011/5/24 Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]>

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:10:05 AM Daniele Romagnoli wrote:

> Hi Mauricio,

> I have tried updating my UDIG 1.2.1 with that community module as reported

> in the download section of the referred page [1], but I'm getting this

> error:

> !ENTRY org.eclipse.update.core 4 0 2011-05-24 11:04:49.162

> !MESSAGE Unable to retrieve remote reference

> "http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/features/es.axios.

> udig.spatialoperations_1.3.0.201010061105.jar". [Server returned HTTP

> response code: "404 Not Found" for URL:

> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/features/es.axios.u

> dig.spatialoperations_1.3.0.201010061105.jar.] !STACK 0

> org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FatalIOException: Server returned HTTP

> response code: "404 Not Found" for URL:

> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/features/es.axios.u

> dig.spatialoperations_1.3.0.201010061105.jar. at

> org.eclipse.update.internal.core.UpdateManagerUtils.checkConnectionResult(

> UpdateManagerUtils.java:468) at

> org.eclipse.update.core.ContentReference.getInputStream(ContentReference.j

> ava:149) at

> org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureContentProvider.asLocalReference(FeatureCon

> tentProvider.java:264) at

> org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.getFeature

> EntryArchiveReferences(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:157) at

> org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.getFeature

> ManifestReference(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:83) at

> org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedFactory.createFeature(Feat

> urePackagedFactory.java:39) at

> org.eclipse.update.core.Site.createFeature(Site.java:536)

>     at

> org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.createFeature(FeatureReference.ja

> va:124) at

> org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.getFeature(FeatureReference.java:

> 112) at

> org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.getFeature(FeatureReference.java:

> 99) at

> org.eclipse.update.internal.search.SiteSearchCategory$FeatureDownloader.ru

> n(SiteSearchCategory.java:218) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

> As far as I can see, that file is listed here:

> http://udig.refractions.net/files/update/1.2/community/

Right now, I cannot understand the reason why that file is listed in the web page. But I can confirm that it does not exist in the community updates site.

It is not listed in the Install/update wizard (I have attached this screenshot ).

I will investigate more.

> But when you try to download it, you get a 404.

> Do you have any chance to check whether it has been properly uploaded?

You should select the last version of spatial operations, that is: es.axios.udig.spatialoperations 1.2.1.201103041300.

Ok. I was supposing the search would leverage on the proper version... My fault. I have now selected the last version.
In the beginning, I still got some errors (involving something missing like udig_platform although it was there)... Then, I have erased everything and started again from scratch on setting up the SDK (with dropins, jre, and extra) on eclipse.
I have finally managed to download it from search and update but, after restarting udig as requested, I can't find it on the "other" view list. I guess it's something wrong on my side. I will continue my tests afterwards.
Thank for you support.

Regards,
Daniele

As you can see in the attached sceenshots, I have installed the last version of spatial operations, Image Georeferencing and Editing tools without problems.

This test was done in linux environment.

What is your platform?

(Windows... )

> Best Regards,

> Daniele

cheers

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 02:32:50 PM Daniele Romagnoli wrote:

> Ok. I was supposing the search would leverage on the proper version... My

> fault. I have now selected the last version. In the beginning, I still got

> some errors (involving something missing like udig_platform although it

> was there)... Then, I have erased everything and started again from

> scratch on setting up the SDK (with dropins, jre, and extra) on eclipse. I

> have finally managed to download it from search and update but, after

> restarting udig as requested, I can't find it on the "other" view list. I

> guess it's something wrong on my side. I will continue my tests

> afterwards. Thank for you support.

> Regards,

> Daniele

mmm, ... You have problem in the "devel view point". You have two possibility:

1) if you want to extend the spatial operations framework with new operations you need to include the Spatial operation SDK. Have a look in this tutorial:

"How to add a New Spatial Operation (for uDig 1.2)". It is available in www.axios.es "Tutorials and Documents".

2) if you need to modify the framework then download the source code from www.axios.es, "download" page. Finally import this plugin in the eclipse IDE. Do not foget to include this plugin in the run configuration.

let me know if you have succeed

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 02:32:50 PM Daniele Romagnoli wrote:

> Ok. I was supposing the search would leverage on the proper version... My

> fault. I have now selected the last version. In the beginning, I still got

> some errors (involving something missing like udig_platform although it

> was there)... Then, I have erased everything and started again from

> scratch on setting up the SDK (with dropins, jre, and extra) on eclipse. I

> have finally managed to download it from search and update but, after

> restarting udig as requested, I can't find it on the "other" view list. I

> guess it's something wrong on my side. I will continue my tests

> afterwards. Thank for you support.

> Regards,

> Daniele

mmm, ... You have problem in the "devel view point". You have two possibility:

1) if you want to extend the spatial operations framework with new operations you need to include the Spatial operation SDK. Have a look in this tutorial:

"How to add a New Spatial Operation (for uDig 1.2)". It is available in www.axios.es "Tutorials and Documents".

2) if you need to modify the framework then download the source code from www.axios.es, "download" page. Finally import this plugin in the eclipse IDE. Do not foget to include this plugin in the run configuration.

Indeed is what I thought I did. I have downloaded the source code, and then added it on eclipse and included in the run configuration but I'm getting some compiling errors. Probably due to using SDK 1.2.1 and axios plugin 1.3.1 - 1.3.3
Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's my fault since I think the last time I have setup UDig SDK is more then 3 - 4 years ago.
I'll let you know how is going on.

Thanks for now.
Best Regards,
Daniele

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Daniele Romagnoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mauricio,

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 02:32:50 PM Daniele Romagnoli wrote:

> Ok. I was supposing the search would leverage on the proper version... My

> fault. I have now selected the last version. In the beginning, I still got

> some errors (involving something missing like udig_platform although it

> was there)... Then, I have erased everything and started again from

> scratch on setting up the SDK (with dropins, jre, and extra) on eclipse. I

> have finally managed to download it from search and update but, after

> restarting udig as requested, I can't find it on the "other" view list. I

> guess it's something wrong on my side. I will continue my tests

> afterwards. Thank for you support.

> Regards,

> Daniele

mmm, ... You have problem in the "devel view point". You have two possibility:

1) if you want to extend the spatial operations framework with new operations you need to include the Spatial operation SDK. Have a look in this tutorial:

"How to add a New Spatial Operation (for uDig 1.2)". It is available in www.axios.es "Tutorials and Documents".

2) if you need to modify the framework then download the source code from www.axios.es, "download" page. Finally import this plugin in the eclipse IDE. Do not foget to include this plugin in the run configuration.

Indeed is what I thought I did. I have downloaded the source code, and then added it on eclipse and included in the run configuration but I'm getting some compiling errors. Probably due to using SDK 1.2.1 and axios plugin 1.3.1 - 1.3.3
Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's my fault since I think the last time I have setup UDig SDK is more then 3 - 4 years ago.
I'll let you know how is going on.

When I try to add some more plugins to my product run I often get this error:
!SESSION Tue May 24 17:59:29 CEST 2011 -----------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2011-05-24 17:59:29.039
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:616)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)

Still checking.
Regards,
Daniele

Thanks for now.
Best Regards,
Daniele

let me know if you have succeed

--

Mauricio Pazos

www.axios.es

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Software Engineer

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: <a href="tel:%2B39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:      <a href="tel:%2B39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeoSolutionsIT
http://it.linkedin.com/in/danieleromagnoli

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Software Engineer

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 962313

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeoSolutionsIT
http://it.linkedin.com/in/danieleromagnoli

Re: [udig-devel] Image Georeferencing View - New snapshot

Daniele Romagnoli
Hi again Mauricio.
Today I have another quick question for you before I Dig more deeply in the axios community image georeferencing plugins :)
Is this georeferencing using warping, right? Is it based on the eu.udig.imagegeoreferencing plugin? If affirmative, do you know whether it supports warping with polynomial degree > 1?

Thank you so much.
Best Regards,
Daniele

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 09:28:33 AM Daniele Romagnoli wrote:

> Hi again Mauricio.

> Today I have another quick question for you before I Dig more deeply in the

> axios community image georeferencing plugins :) Is this georeferencing

> using warping, right?

Yes, It is.

> Is it based on the eu.udig.imagegeoreferencing

> plugin?

Yes, it is. But, to avoid confutions, you should know that it is a new plugin, right now, the sources are not published. Our intention is to upload the source in the gthub in the community space (the next week).

> If affirmative, do you know whether it supports warping with

> polynomial degree > 1?

like eu.udig.imagegeoreferencing our code is set as degree = 1. As you can see in the

WarpTransform2D(final Point2D[] srcCoords, final Point2D[] dstCoords, final int degree);

Where degree is a value between 1 and 7.

Maybe, we should allow to set the degree value in the UI. ?

> Thank you so much.

> Best Regards,

> Daniele

cheers

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 09:28:33 AM Daniele Romagnoli wrote:

> Hi again Mauricio.

> Today I have another quick question for you before I Dig more deeply in the

> axios community image georeferencing plugins :) Is this georeferencing

> using warping, right?

Yes, It is.

> Is it based on the eu.udig.imagegeoreferencing

> plugin?

Yes, it is. But, to avoid confutions, you should know that it is a new plugin, right now, the sources are not published. Our intention is to upload the source in the gthub in the community space (the next week).

> If affirmative, do you know whether it supports warping with

> polynomial degree > 1?

like eu.udig.imagegeoreferencing our code is set as degree = 1. As you can see in the

WarpTransform2D(final Point2D[] srcCoords, final Point2D[] dstCoords, final int degree);

Where degree is a value between 1 and 7.

Maybe, we should allow to set the degree value in the UI. ?

Not really, it was only a curiosity of mine.
I'm simply asking this because I have tried the standard eu.udig.imagegeoreferencing plugin with order = 2 and the result has heavy distortions. (Maybe it's only matter of marker accuracy and marker numbers)
Just asking if you have tried with greater polynomial order.

Regards,
Daniele

> Thank you so much.

> Best Regards,

> Daniele

cheers

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 01:05:05 PM Daniele Romagnoli wrote:

> Just asking if you have tried with greater polynomial order.

Yes, we tried with different degree values. We did not get good result too. I think we should read more about javax.media.jai.Warp.WrapPolynomial.

cheers

--

Mauricio Pazos

www.axios.es