Image Georeferencing View for uDig 1.2.1

Image Georeferencing View for uDig 1.2.1

Mauricio Pazos
Hello everyone: we were working in a new approach for the image georeferencing problem. More information and download instruction in:

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View

Comments are welcome.

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

Re: [udig-devel] Image Georeferencing View for uDig 1.2.1

Andrea Antonello
One word only: AMAZING!

The only thing I would love to see, is getting it out of the toolbar
(it is already so crowded and the referencing isn't something one
would use every day). Would it be possible to have everything in the
view?

Nice work.
Andrea

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone: we were working in a new approach for the image
> georeferencing problem. More information and download instruction in:
>
> http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> cheers
> --
> Mauricio Pazos
> www.axios.es

Re: [udig-devel] Image Georeferencing View for uDig 1.2.1

Jody Garnett-2
Nice; I like views (as dialogs get in the way).

Andrea's suggestion of placing the referencing tools in the view toolbar is a good one. Look at the info view and table view for an example. It was our original design to help keep tools from getting over whelming.

One idea I had was to keep a running warp of the current result going as a layer; and allow the use of transparency to help line up points.

The tool could allow:

1. click on the location for a pin on the reference image
2. it would then draw the pin and fade out the reference image (or simply turn it off?)
3. allow you to click the target match for the pin
4. update the current preview of the reference image?

Not sure if it is a good idea ...

 I really like what you have done as it makes the process way more clear than the existing workflow. Is there any chance of adding a preview button (one thing that was always troubling in the current workflow was saving out a result that looked horrible and then having to figure out how to start again).

--
Jody Garnett

On Wednesday, 13 April 2011 at 12:22 AM, Mauricio Pazos wrote:

Hello everyone: we were working in a new approach for the image georeferencing problem. More information and download instruction in:

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Image+Georeferencing+View

Comments are welcome.

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

Re: [udig-devel] Image Georeferencing View for uDig 1.2.1

Jody Garnett-2
 I really like what you have done as it makes the process way more clear than the existing workflow. Is there any chance of adding a preview button (one thing that was always troubling in the current workflow was saving out a result that looked horrible and then having to figure out how to start again).
Reading the details shows that you can save multiple times; that will work for me.
Jody

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 04:50:55 pm andrea antonello wrote:
> One word only: AMAZING!
>
> The only thing I would love to see, is getting it out of the toolbar
> (it is already so crowded and the referencing isn't something one
> would use every day). Would it be possible to have everything in the
> view?
>
> Nice work.
> Andrea
Thanks for the comments. We agree about the location of georeferencing tools. We will think about that for the next sprint.

cheers

On Wednesday 13 April 2011 01:48:15 am Jody Garnett wrote:
> I really like what you have done as it makes the process way more clear
> than the existing workflow. Is there any chance of adding a preview button
> (one thing that was always troubling in the current workflow was saving out
> a result that looked horrible and then having to figure out how to start
> again).
>

> Reading the details shows that you can save multiple times; that will work
> for me. Jody
The proof and error to get the desired result was one of the requirement to support in the new georeferencing workflow. So, you can save the pins or change the previous pins to launch a new georeferencing process. Thus different proof could be saved in different files and showed in different layers, then the user can select the best one.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Mauricio Pazos
www.axios.es

Re: [udig-devel] Image Georeferencing View for uDig 1.2.1

ljseoer
a result that looked horrible and then having to figure out how to start

[url=http://www.tiffany-silverlight.com/]uk tiffany[/url],[url=http://www.bagtradezone.com/]prada wallets[/url],[url=http://www.tiffany-fashion.com/]tiffany rings[/url]

On Thursday, April 14, 2011 08:38:44 am Andrea Aime wrote:

> Hi Mauricio,

Hi Andrea

> did you know the machinery to do the actual transformation might be

> available, at

> least in part, as an old GSoc project that was never integrated in

> Geotools? Look here:

> http://svn.osgeo.org/geotools/trunk/spike/jan/gsoc-transformations/

No, I didn't. Thanks for the information. This is a new topic for me. I will read about it. Any additional information will be welcome (background, works in progress, projects, etc).

> Cheers

> Andrea

cheers

On Wednesday, April 13, 2011 08:46:20 AM Mauricio Pazos wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 April 2011 04:50:55 pm andrea antonello wrote:

> > One word only: AMAZING!

> > The only thing I would love to see, is getting it out of the toolbar

> > (it is already so crowded and the referencing isn't something one

> > would use every day). Would it be possible to have everything in the

> > view?

> > Nice work.

> > Andrea

> Thanks for the comments. We agree about the location of georeferencing

> tools. We will think about that for the next sprint.

> cheers

Done!. This suggestion have been implemented in the last release.

cheers.

On Tuesday, April 12, 2011 04:50:55 PM andrea antonello wrote:

> One word only: AMAZING!

> The only thing I would love to see, is getting it out of the toolbar

> (it is already so crowded and the referencing isn't something one

> would use every day). Would it be possible to have everything in the

> view?

> Nice work.

> Andrea

Done. It is available in the last release

--

Mauricio Pazos

www.axios.es