Incorrect tiles (filled with unwanted data)

Incorrect tiles (filled with unwanted data)

toc-rox
Hi all,

for a few tiles I have the problem that the tile is filled with unwanted data:

The problem:

On a larger map it's ok:

Any ideas ?

Klaus

Re: Incorrect tiles (filled with unwanted data)

Marko Mäkelä
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 02:36:10AM -0800, toc-rox wrote:
>The problem:
>http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5444194/Screenshot_20120131_112548.png
>
>On a larger map it's ok:
>http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5444194/Screenshot_20120131_112622.png
>
>Any ideas ?

I suppose that the incorrectly filled area is part of a multipolygon and
the hill should be role=inner of the multipolygon. The multipolygon is
apparently being truncated too much by the splitter.

Try splitter --overlap=10000 or larger. This did the trick for me for
one large lake that I had to split into multiple tiles.

        Marko

Re: Incorrect tiles (filled with unwanted data)

toc-rox
Hi Marko,

thanks for the hint - the option "--overlap=10000" solves my problem.

The usage help says:

--overlap
Nodes/ways/rels that fall outside an area will still be included if they are within this many map units. Default is 2000.

Could someone explain more detailed the influence of the overlap option ?

Thanks - Klaus

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:34:44AM -0800, toc-rox wrote:
>Nodes/ways/rels that fall outside an area will still be included if
>they are within this many map units. Default is 2000.
>
>Could someone explain more detailed the influence of the overlap option ?

In short, splitter is "cheating" to save memory and computations. It
does not copy complete ways and relations that have at least one node
within the current tile.  Instead, it defines two tile borders. The
inner border is defined as the bounding box. The outer border is the
bbox+overlap. All nodes within the outer border will be included. I am
not entirely sure about the treatment of ways and relations, but it
could be that all ways and relations that refer to the copied nodes will
be copied.

        Marko