Indexes in .MP files

John Thorn
[I am new to MKGMAP - so apologies in advance if this is a dumb question!]

I have created .MP files that I compile with CGPSMAPPER. The files contain country/region/city indexes (see below) that MKGMAP ignores.

Is there a way to get these built into the map index with MKGMAP?

John Thorn

[Countries]
Country1=UNITED KINGDOM~[0x1d]GBR
[END-Countries]

[Regions]
Region1=Cornwall
CountryIdx=1
[END-Regions]
[Cities]
City1=Cadgwith
RegionIdx1=1
City2=Church Cove
RegionIdx2=1
City3=Housel Bay
RegionIdx3=1
City4=Lizard
RegionIdx4=1

Re: Indexes in .MP files

Gerd Petermann
Hi John,

I think mkgmap creates an index with *.mp files when you specify option --index, but I don't think that it uses all input from
the *.mp files. My understanding is that the ignored lines are not needed to create the index. Maybe that is wrong?

Gerd