Interesting website stuff in the works

Paul Norman
I'm trying something different in the hopes of getting more awareness about
potential website changes with significant feature or UI impacts. The
suggested place for comments is on the github issues or pull requests

Reorganize export/share UI - the next set of changes to the share UI.
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/351
Test deployment at http://mapui.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/

Add welcome page - Providing a better introductory page, filling a gap in
existing materials.
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/338

Rationalize multiple "locate me" type functions - Discussion about confusion
and duplication between "Where am I?", home and the new geolocation button.
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/373

Use a hash anchor for location/zoom persistence - using #zoom/lon/lat
instead of ?lon=A&lat=B&zoom=C
Github page for change at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/378

Re: Interesting website stuff in the works

Michal Migurski-2
I appreciate that these pulls and discussions are being surfaced to the talk list, thank you.

-mike.

---------------------------------------
michal migurski http://mike.teczno.com

On Jul 25, 2013, at 10:48 PM, Paul Norman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying something different in the hopes of getting more awareness about
> potential website changes with significant feature or UI impacts. The
> suggested place for comments is on the github issues or pull requests
>
> Reorganize export/share UI - the next set of changes to the share UI.
> Github page for change at
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/351
> Test deployment at http://mapui.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/
>
> Add welcome page - Providing a better introductory page, filling a gap in
> existing materials.
> Github page for change at
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/338
>
> Rationalize multiple "locate me" type functions - Discussion about confusion
> and duplication between "Where am I?", home and the new geolocation button.
> Github page for change at
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/373
>
> Use a hash anchor for location/zoom persistence - using #zoom/lon/lat
> instead of ?lon=A&lat=B&zoom=C
> Github page for change at
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/378

Re: Interesting website stuff in the works

Paweł Paprota
Thanks for the summary. BTW, what happened to the "week in OSM"
newsletter which seems to serve similar purpose? Haven't seen one of
them in a while.

Paweł