Is there some lag in the backend data?

Maarten Deen
I made some changes this morning [1], most notably added some maxspeed
tags. Now it's over 3 hours later and I download the same area again in
JOSM and my changes are not visible.
But when I look at the history of the items (e.g. way 6701036), the
change is there. The history says highway=residential and maxspeed=30.
JOSM does not show that on the item.
I also can not open the changeset in my browser, it is trying to load
now for 5 minutes.

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17057508

Regards,
Maarten

Re: Is there some lag in the backend data?

Shaun McDonald

On 23 Jul 2013, at 10:27, Maarten Deen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I made some changes this morning [1], most notably added some maxspeed tags. Now it's over 3 hours later and I download the same area again in JOSM and my changes are not visible.
> But when I look at the history of the items (e.g. way 6701036), the change is there. The history says highway=residential and maxspeed=30. JOSM does not show that on the item.
> I also can not open the changeset in my browser, it is trying to load now for 5 minutes.
>
> [1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17057508

This url opened straight away for me.

Shaun

On 2013-07-23 11:36, Shaun McDonald wrote:

> On 23 Jul 2013, at 10:27, Maarten Deen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I made some changes this morning [1], most notably added some maxspeed
> tags. Now it's over 3 hours later and I download the same area again in
> JOSM and my changes are not visible.
> But when I look at the history of the items (e.g. way 6701036), the
> change is there. The history says highway=residential and maxspeed=30.
> JOSM does not show that on the item.
> I also can not open the changeset in my browser, it is trying to load
> now for 5 minutes.
>
> [1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17057508
>
> This url opened straight away for me.

It does now for me too, but when I download the area in JOSM I still get
old data, with the newer data shown in the history screen.

On 2013-07-23 11:43, Maarten Deen wrote:

> On 2013-07-23 11:36, Shaun McDonald wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2013, at 10:27, Maarten Deen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I made some changes this morning [1], most notably added some maxspeed
> tags. Now it's over 3 hours later and I download the same area again in
> JOSM and my changes are not visible.
> But when I look at the history of the items (e.g. way 6701036), the
> change is there. The history says highway=residential and maxspeed=30.
> JOSM does not show that on the item.
> I also can not open the changeset in my browser, it is trying to load
> now for 5 minutes.
>
> [1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17057508
>
> This url opened straight away for me.
>
> It does now for me too, but when I download the area in JOSM I still
> get old data, with the newer data shown in the history screen.

I had a thought and looked at the "close open changesets" in JOSM. JOSM
told me this changeset was not closed even though the changeset screen
said (and still does):

Aangemaakt op: din 23 jul 2013 06:07:37 UTC
Gesloten op: din 23 jul 2013 06:07:43 UTC

I closed it and now it is ok. Glitch in JOSM.

Regards,
Maarten

Re: Is there some lag in the backend data?

Stephan Knauss
Maarten Deen writes:

> I had a thought and looked at the "close open changesets" in JOSM. JOSM
> told me this changeset was not closed even though the changeset screen
> said (and still does):
>
> Aangemaakt op: din 23 jul 2013 06:07:37 UTC
> Gesloten op: din 23 jul 2013 06:07:43 UTC
>
> I closed it and now it is ok. Glitch in JOSM.

For me this sounds more like a replication problem. Data is available
immediately. It's not related to closing a changeset.

Is the API delivering /map call responses from the main database or from a
read-only replication?

If its the later than JOSM might need to be extended to evaluate a
timestamp to detect outdated responses.

Stephan

Re: Is there some lag in the backend data?

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)-2
I'm seeing this problem in JOSM 6060. To replicate try:

Start JOSM and add an object and upload it. Close JOSM and restart and
reload the same area. Item is missing. Download a second time and object
appears.

Occasionally I don't see the problem but mostly it's there. Checking the map
call data via the browser shows the data is there as soon as you have
uploaded it so it suggests some sort of JOSM issues?

Cheers
Andy

Re: Is there some lag in the backend data?

colliar-3
On 24.07.2013 10:39, Andy Robinson wrote:
> From: Maarten Deen [mailto:[hidden email]]

Would you two please report this at the right place. [1] !

Thanks
fly

----
[1] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/newticket

On 24.07.2013 10:39, Andy Robinson wrote:
> From: Maarten Deen [mailto:[hidden email]]

Would you two please report this at the right place. [1] !

For your tone it sounds like you think the discussion here was wrongly directed?

Cheers
Andy

On 24.07.2013 17:35, Andy Robinson wrote:
> colliar [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: 24 July 2013 14:14
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Is there some lag in the backend data?
>
> On 24.07.2013 10:39, Andy Robinson wrote:
>> From: Maarten Deen [mailto:[hidden email]]

Dear Andy

> Would you two please report this at the right place. [1] !
>
> For your tone it sounds like you think the discussion here was wrongly directed?

No, do not get me wrong. I am sorry if my mail was too short and
misleading. A discussion here might have its reasons but we often have
complains about JOSM on this list or the forum but no word about it on
JOSM-trac though it is anonymous editable.

I did sometimes check and report the issue but it is much easier if the
original reporter reports his/her issue.

Please, if interested in any changes, report problems or enhancement
request at JOSM-Trac.

Thanks
colliar

On 2013-07-24 15:14, colliar wrote:
> On 24.07.2013 10:39, Andy Robinson wrote:
> From: Maarten Deen [mailto:[hidden email]]
>
> Would you two please report this at the right place. [1] !

Ticket created as <https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8904>
Additions and observations to the ticket welcome.

Regards,
Maarten