JGrass/Eclipse

Shaun Schutte
Hi guys!

Was wondering if anyone could help me. I followed the online instructions on installing everything needed for running JGrass but ran into a few difficulties.
Tried the automagic install (I saw on the website that there are still a few bugs there) and a manual install without much luck.
The problem lies in a few missing plugins. Basically when I launch Eclipse, choose the target platform (JGrass in one of the options and all the plugins are selected) and try to load the target
I get the following errors:

    target required resources cannot be found:

    net.refractions,udig.tutorials.urladapter
    org.eclipse.ui.views
    org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi

Too many to list actually.
Running Eclipse IDE suitable for plugin development on Ubuntu 8.04.
Any idea where the problem might lie?

Looking forward to some feedback.
Kind Regards

Shaun Schutte
DigiLab

TIS innovation park
via Siemens 19 | Siemens Str. 19
I-39100 Bolzano | Bozen
T. +39 0471 068127
F. +39 0471 068129
[hidden email]
www.digilab.bz

Short information regarding use of personal data. According to Section 13 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, we inform you that we process your personal data in order to fulfill contractual and fiscal obligations and also to send you information regarding our services and events. Your personal data are processed with and without electronic means and by respecting data subjects' rights, fundamental freedoms and dignity, particularly with regard to confidentiality, personal identity and the right to personal data protection. At any time and without formalities you can write an e-mail to [hidden email] in order to object the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending advertising materials and also to exercise the right to access personal data and other rights referred to in Section 7 of Decree 196/2003. The data controller is TIS – Techno Innovation Alto Adige, via Siemens n. 19 Bolzano. You can find the complete information on the web site www.tis.bz.it.

Re: JGrass/Eclipse

Andrea Antonello
Hi Shaun,

> Was wondering if anyone could help me. I followed the online instructions on
> installing everything needed for running JGrass but ran into a few
> difficulties.
> Tried the automagic install (I saw on the website that there are still a few
> bugs there) and a manual install without much luck.

Yes, that one was started by me in the cold winter nights, but them I
didn't get enough testing feedback and had no time to go on.
It is possible that I will have founding soon to do that plugin properly.

> The problem lies in a few missing plugins. Basically when I launch Eclipse,
> choose the target platform (JGrass in one of the options and all the plugins
> are selected) and try to load the target
> I get the following errors:
>
>     target required resources cannot be found:
>
>     net.refractions,udig.tutorials.urladapter
>     org.eclipse.ui.views
>     org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi
>
> Too many to list actually.

Can you try to reload manually the target platform. I know there was
an issue on that part, for which it was working on my environment, but
not on others.
Also make sure you downloaded the last udig sdk and the jgrass extras plugin.
Probably best thing to do would be that I upload a merged sdk somewhere.
I don't have time right now, I will try somewhen this afternoon.

Andrea