JOSM Banner about imagery might be misaligned?

JOSM Banner about imagery might be misaligned?

Tom McDonald
Today, whenever I load Bing imagery in JOSM I get a banner at the top with the message:

"Aerial imagery might be misaligned. Please check its offset using GPS tracks!"

Anyone know why this is happening now and never before?

I tried IRC but no joy. I even reinstalled JOSM, tried JOSM on a new computer, same thing.

For example, a old, validated, tile that I know was "Clean" before is Task/square #1419 in Project #1018.

I am afraid to, and will not, do any more work until I understand what is going on here.

Why is this happening?

Tom

Re: JOSM Banner about imagery might be misaligned?

Jean-Guilhem Cailton
Hi Tom,

Do not worry about it. It is just a standard warning, that is usually displayed the first time JOSM users load Bing imagery, and that you got now for some mysterious reason. (Maybe something cookie-style, that hadn't been set before).

You can keep mapping :)

Bing is apparently one of the best aligned OSM sources in Nepal.

And thank you for your contribution.

Jean-Guilhem

Le 08/05/2015 01:53, Tom McDonald a écrit :
Today, whenever I load Bing imagery in JOSM I get a banner at the top with the message:

"Aerial imagery might be misaligned. Please check its offset using GPS tracks!"

Anyone know why this is happening now and never before?

I tried IRC but no joy. I even reinstalled JOSM, tried JOSM on a new computer, same thing.

For example, a old, validated, tile that I know was "Clean" before is Task/square #1419 in Project #1018.

I am afraid to, and will not, do any more work until I understand what is going on here.

Why is this happening?

Tom

Re: JOSM Banner about imagery might be misaligned?

Nick Allen-2

Tom,

To remove the banner, click on th 'x' at its end.

Nick
(OSM=Tallguy)

dodgy didgits as using a phone with a spell chequer.

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Member