JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Vincent Privat
Hello,
I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in person!
As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty of
them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
Cheers,
Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Florian Schäfer-2
Hi Vincent,
great idea, I think I'd most definitely stop by.
I'm not yet sure if I'll have the time to participate in hacking on that
weekend, but at least for a JOSM meetup I would join you in Karlsruhe.

Cheers,
Flo(scher)

Am 03.09.2018 um 22:36 schrieb Vincent Privat:

> Hello,
> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in person!
> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty of
> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> Cheers,
> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Wiktor Niesiobedzki
Hi,

Sounds like a great plan. I'd love to meet you. Count me in.

Cheers,

Wiktor

> Hi Vincent,
> great idea, I think I'd most definitely stop by.
> I'm not yet sure if I'll have the time to participate in hacking on that
> weekend, but at least for a JOSM meetup I would join you in Karlsruhe.
>
> Cheers,
> Flo(scher)
>

> Am 03.09.2018 um 22:36 schrieb Vincent Privat:
>
>> Hello,
>> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
>> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
>> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
>> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
>> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in
>> person!
>> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty
>> of
>> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
>> Cheers,
>> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Jo-2
Hi Vincent,

Indeed, that's a great plan! I went to Karlsruhe last year, wasn't really
planning to go this year, but this changes things, so I'll try to attend
too!

Polyglot

Op di 4 sep. 2018 om 00:21 schreef Wiktor Niesiobedzki <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like a great plan. I'd love to meet you. Count me in.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wiktor

> > Hi Vincent,
> > great idea, I think I'd most definitely stop by.
> > I'm not yet sure if I'll have the time to participate in hacking on that
> > weekend, but at least for a JOSM meetup I would join you in Karlsruhe.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Flo(scher)
> >

> > Am 03.09.2018 um 22:36 schrieb Vincent Privat:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between
> JOSM
> >> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> >> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> >> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> >> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in
> >> person!
> >> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty
> >> of
> >> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> >> Cheers,
> >> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Simon Legner
I'm planning to come as well … Really looking forward to meeting you in person!
Simon

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 10:36 PM Vincent Privat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in person!
> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty of
> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> Cheers,
> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Dirk Stöcker
On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, Vincent Privat wrote:

> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in person!
> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty of
> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)

In case someone is there: I'll be on INTERGEO in Frankfurt probably on
17th of October.

Ciao
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Holger Mappt

I don't consider myself a real JOSM developer and I didn't have much
time to contribute lately. But I would like to spend more time working
on the project, so that's a good reason to get it started. Count me in.

Regards,
Holger

On 03.09.18 at 22:36 Vincent Privat wrote:

> Hello,
> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in person!
> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty of
> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> Cheers,
> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Vincent Privat
It's of course open to everyone "interested in JOSM development". Not just
current developers :) I'm happy to see so many people coming!

Le dim. 9 sept. 2018 à 15:39, Holger Mappt <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I don't consider myself a real JOSM developer and I didn't have much
> time to contribute lately. But I would like to spend more time working
> on the project, so that's a good reason to get it started. Count me in.
>
> Regards,
> Holger
>

> On 03.09.18 at 22:36 Vincent Privat wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between
> JOSM
> > developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> > As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> > October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> > Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in
> person!
> > As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty
> of
> > them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> > Cheers,
> > Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Michael Zangl-3

I'll be coming on October 20th ;-)

Michael

On 03.09.2018 22:36, Vincent Privat wrote:

> Hello,
> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in person!
> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty of
> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> Cheers,
> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Michael Zangl-3

are there any specific issues we will be working on those days?

Michael

On 03.09.2018 22:36, Vincent Privat wrote:

> Hello,
> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between JOSM
> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in person!
> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty of
> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> Cheers,
> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Vincent Privat
There are at least two tickets for which I'd like to get help:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/15229
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16082

I was also thinking to start a major plugin cleanup projet. I think we have
too many plugins and we should see how to reduce this number (inclusion in
core, deletion or merging plugins together)

Do you have something else in mind?

Le dim. 14 oct. 2018 à 19:26, Michael Zangl <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> are there any specific issues we will be working on those days?
>
> Michael
>
> On 03.09.2018 22:36, Vincent Privat wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between
> JOSM
> > developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> > As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> > October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> > Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in
> person!
> > As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty
> of
> > them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> > Cheers,
> > Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Michael Zangl-3
I think #15229 alone would be enough for those two days.

When we talk about that (and about reorganizing the plugins) we will
probably come across many things we could change to make plugin
integration more robust.

For example, we could change the @since Javadoc-tags, to a real
@ApiVersion annotation to mark this public API
That way, we could test which API the plugin is compatible with
automatically and add sonar rules to check for e.g. method calls that
are not annotated (reason for an annotation: It is much easier to access
using compile time tools)

One thing that came to my mind is test-reorganization so that they match
the structure of #15229 and that we can have per-module test results.
And we should discuss ways to re-organize the sources in a way that we
get IDE support for the dependencies.

Seems like I should be planning to stay two days in Karlsruhe...

Michael

On 14.10.2018 21:05, Vincent Privat wrote:

> There are at least two tickets for which I'd like to get help:
> https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/15229
> https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16082
>
> I was also thinking to start a major plugin cleanup projet. I think we have
> too many plugins and we should see how to reduce this number (inclusion in
> core, deletion or merging plugins together)
>
> Do you have something else in mind?
>

> Le dim. 14 oct. 2018 à 19:26, Michael Zangl <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> are there any specific issues we will be working on those days?
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On 03.09.2018 22:36, Vincent Privat wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between
>> JOSM
>>> developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
>>> As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
>>> October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
>>> Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in
>> person!
>>> As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty
>> of
>>> them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
>>> Cheers,
>>> Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Wiktor Niesiobedzki

maybe less working on, but I'd like to discuss controversial tickets:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16420
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8269

I hope that face to face discussion may move us forward.

Cheers,

Wiktor

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 at 19:27, Michael Zangl <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any specific issues we will be working on those days?
>
> Michael
>
> On 03.09.2018 22:36, Vincent Privat wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting between
> JOSM
> > developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
> > As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe on
> > October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
> > Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone in
> person!
> > As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are plenty
> of
> > them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
> > Cheers,
> > Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Stephan Knauss
As I started digging into UI hangs already, would be great to have a discussion regarding the thread pools and how they could interfere / block painting.

Stephan

On October 15, 2018 2:05:26 AM GMT+07:00, Vincent Privat <[hidden email]> wrote:

>There are at least two tickets for which I'd like to get help:
>https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/15229
>https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16082
>
>I was also thinking to start a major plugin cleanup projet. I think we
>have
>too many plugins and we should see how to reduce this number (inclusion
>in
>core, deletion or merging plugins together)
>
>Do you have something else in mind?
>

>Le dim. 14 oct. 2018 à 19:26, Michael Zangl
><[hidden email]>
>a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> are there any specific issues we will be working on those days?
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On 03.09.2018 22:36, Vincent Privat wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > I was thinking for quite some time about setting up a meeting
>between
>> JOSM
>> > developers somewhere in Germany (for convenience).
>> > As Christine and Frederik are inviting OSM developers to Karlsruhe
>on
>> > October 20th-21st, I just registered myself!
>> > Would other team members be interested? I'd love to meet everyone
>in
>> person!
>> > As for JOSM projects/activities for this hack week-end, there are
>plenty
>> of
>> > them to work on, it will depend on who's there :)
>> > Cheers,
>> > Vincent

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Vincent Privat
Good idea! There is also another long-standing ticket for which I would
like to move forward:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8645

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018, Michael Zangl wrote:

> For example, we could change the @since Javadoc-tags, to a real @ApiVersion
> annotation to mark this public API

That would require a different development model for JOSM. And
especially it would need a lot of work spend for defining, describing
and supporting a stable API.

That manpower simply does not exist, so there is no chance for a stable
API.

Ciao

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018, Wiktor Niesiobedzki wrote:

> maybe less working on, but I'd like to discuss controversial tickets:
> https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16420
> https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8269
>
> I hope that face to face discussion may move us forward.

You still need to convince me of the benefits and I'm not in Karlsruhe.

Ciao
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Vincent Privat
Can we convince you to come at least? :)

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018, Vincent Privat wrote:

> Can we convince you to come at least? :)

After 1 day INTERGEO on Wednesday and at least 1 day RTCM standards
committee meeting on Thursday the chances are pretty low that I'll visit
another conference voluntarily soon. :-)

Ciao
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: JOSM developers meetup at Karlsruhe?

Vincent Privat
It's not really a conference, it's more likely coding, talking and drinking
beers :) And it's not often I come to Germany ;)

Le lun. 15 oct. 2018 à 14:17, Dirk Stöcker <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2018, Vincent Privat wrote:
>
> > Can we convince you to come at least? :)
>
> After 1 day INTERGEO on Wednesday and at least 1 day RTCM standards
> committee meeting on Thursday the chances are pretty low that I'll visit
> another conference voluntarily soon. :-)
>
> Ciao
> --
> http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

12