JOSM rc2 released

Immanuel Scholz
Hello,

The second release candidate for JOSM is available now. The current plan is to
release JOSM 1.0 at end of next week. Until then, please help testing! ;-)

download: http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/josm/josm-rc2.jar
wiki: http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/wiki/josm
bugs: [hidden email]

There are only few new features compared to release candidate 1:
- Removed the confusing options in Open-Dialog. The mode (raw/osm) depends now
  on the file ending
- JOSM now enforces the worlds boundaries. Sorry, you will not be able to add
  nodes at lat 91, lon 181 anymore.  ;)
- You can select items from the info splash when holding the middle mouse
  button. Press Ctrl, now release the button and click on the object you want
  to select.

You will still miss some features in rc2:
- No export of raw GPS data. If someone wants it, this could come before 1.0?
- No searching for keys or values. This could make it into 1.0, if someone
  really wants it?
- No background images. They will not be available until after 1.0. Sorry.
- Key/Value display is only a list. No fancy select of predefined entries
  ("Railway station", "Pub" etc.) like in osm-editor. This will come after 1.0
  too.

Ciao, Imi.

RE: JOSM rc2 released

ANDY ROBINSON-2
Imi,

Your efforts to date are to be commended.

I would find the ability to export the raw GPS point data very useful,
partly for a larger area as it would save waiting to download from the
server each time, just refresh now and again.

Background image capability would be useful (with some form of appropriate
calibration) so that I can experiment with some older historic maps.

Andy

Andy Robinson
[hidden email]

Re: JOSM rc2 released

Erik Johansson-2
On 1/12/06, Andy Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Imi,
>
> Your efforts to date are to be commended.
>
> I would find the ability to export the raw GPS point data very useful,
> partly for a larger area as it would save waiting to download from the
> server each time, just refresh now and again.
>
> Background image capability would be useful (with some form of appropriate
> calibration) so that I can experiment with some older historic maps.

If you want to calibrate (georeference?) images you can use a plugin
to QGIS 0.7.0,   it will write out worldfiles so you can import it
into other applications later. So I think , if JOSM should support
background images just try to keep it at loading images that have
geodata in them.

BTW, it's pain to georef old maps, I tried with and old one of
Stockholm, turns out I have no idea what projection it was in (it was
streched out nonlinearly).

--
/Erik