JOSM same highway colors

Florian Kratochwil
Hi,

is it possible to change the color of highway=residential or
highway=unclassified in JOSM? On my screen they have the same grey color
which makes it harder to validate.

Best, Florian

Re: JOSM same highway colors

Augustin Doury-4

Hi Florian,

Try to follow this tutorial : https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Styles#CreateStyle

Maybe just make a local copy of the default JOSM style (elemstyles.mapcss), search and customize these entries which are the same by default.

way[highway=unclassified] {
    width: 2;
    color: street#c0c0c0;
}

way[highway=residential] {
    width: 2;
    color: street#c0c0c0;
}

Apply your new style.

Good luck,

Augustin

PS : thanks to JOSM community

On 2017-12-28 10:22, Florian Kratochwil wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to change the color of highway=residential or highway=unclassified in JOSM? On my screen they have the same grey color which makes it harder to validate.

Best, Florian

Re: JOSM same highway colors

Bjoern Hassler
H Florian, hi Augustin,

I have a style that I use here:

You can obviously customise it. For some projects, the road surface tag was required, so I put that.

The notes also explain how to add the style to JOSM.

All the best,
Bjoern

Hi,