Japan coastline errors

Kimon Berlin
Hi,

talk-ja seems to be in Japanese and I'm not quite good enough for that
-- I noticed that there are several spots where the Japanese coastline
has problems, with large land polygons extending out to sea. For example:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.65&lon=142.87&zoom=8&layers=M
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.704&lon=133.075&zoom=9&layers=M
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.783&lon=130.372&zoom=10&layers=M

Maybe the detailed coastline got deleted at some point? I took a quick
look at the history for some areas, but did not find any obvious changes.

Kimon

Re: Japan coastline errors

David Groom
I think I fixed all coastline errors in Japan which showed up on  the coastline error files at http://metro.teczno.com/ dated 15 October.

1) It may well be that the coastline data has not been imported to create the Mapnik layer since I fixed it ;
2) new errors may have been introduced since 15 Oct

David

Re: Japan coastline errors

David Groom

Yesterdays extracts don't show any errors in the coastline near Japan
see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Coastline_error_checker_screenshot.png

David

> David

Re: Japan coastline errors

Kimon Berlin
On 11/2/2011 4:17 AM, David Groom wrote:
I think I fixed all coastline errors in Japan which showed up on  the coastline error files at http://metro.teczno.com/ dated 15 October.

1) It may well be that the coastline data has not been imported to create the Mapnik layer since I fixed it ;
2) new errors may have been introduced since 15 Oct

David

Oh, that's right, the other renderers don't have the problem (today). I waited a few days with mapnik before reporting the problem, but that may still have been too short.

Kimon

Re: Japan coastline errors

Shu Higashi
Hi,

Sorry to be late for reply.
We OpenStreetMap foundation Japan re-imported the coast line of Japan
before the license change.
Because the importer of the old coastline denied new Contributor Terms.
We think there is no error now and waiting mapnik for re-rendering.
Thanks.

Shu