Kangaroo Island Mapping tour

Liz

Kangaroo Island Mapping tour

Liz
3 osm'ers on bicycles visited KI on a bikesa tour
so we have made new tracks and collected POIs
and hope to have the mapping completed from that tour some day soon

Re: Kangaroo Island Mapping tour

mtrax
good job... hope it was fun...

Paul

On 13/10/2008 6:04 PM, Liz wrote:

> 3 osm'ers on bicycles visited KI on a bikesa tour
> so we have made new tracks and collected POIs
> and hope to have the mapping completed from that tour some day soon

Re: Kangaroo Island Mapping tour

Roy Rankin
Being one of the OSM'ers on this trip, not only did we have an excellent
bicycle ride but also got about 500 km of tracks on K.I. much of it on
currently unmapped roads.

In addition, I collected about 3000 km of tracks between Sydney and Cape
Jervis which has allowed me to add a number of new roads in southern NSW
, including a missing section of the Riverina Highway between Albury and
Finley, and roads along the Murray east of Albury. These tracks are also
allowing me to upgrade many others roads to survey status.

Liz

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Roy Rankin wrote:

> Liz,
>
> Thanks for noticing this. I have gone through my tracks and corrected
> all the instances of this that I have found, and I am trying to stamp it
> out in all places in Australia.
>
> This was caused by the fact that I use the auto complete feature of tags
> in JOSM. Since "survery" is alphabetically before "survey", and I did
> not notice the bad spelling, I picked up the bad spelling around Albury
> and spread it across NSW, VIC. SA and K.I.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roy

I thought that was how you did it - I was following your progress across Vic
and SA changing them, then realised that you had a better idea than me
exactly where you had been :-)

--
If you're not careful, you're going to catch something.