Kosmo best practices on low bandwith connection to DB?

Kosmo best practices on low bandwith connection to DB?

Dragan Podvezanec
Hi all.

How would you usually handle such situation?

All remote clients have to access central DB (Oracle or Postgis), edit features, and to save them back. I also have posibillity to install something on client's computers. So, I was thinking to install on their computers layers which would take a lot of bandwidth (Rasters, Ortophoto...), and which wouldn't be changed often.

A have no complains about the speed of Kosmo itself, but sometimes internet connections and big layers with lot of features could be the problem.

Does anyone has experiences with low bandwith and lots of data? For example, I tried to load Oracle layer with 21000 polygons through 1Mbit internet connection, but it's painfully slow.