Kosmo import CAD elevation field

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi,
When I import a CAD topographic map into Kosmo and save it SHP, I have all the feature corrected imported, expecially if I use CAD simbology. Within imported fields there is an "Elevation" one, I suspect it should display Z values of elevation points or and contours. Nevertheless this filed is always empty, at least with cad files I used.
I tried to import these CAD files using other comercial software  - Arc2shape - and have no problem.
GvSIG 1.9 have the same limit, I wonder if this topic is a limit of CAD library (GDBMS) or it is possible to solve in Kosmo.
Note that importing Z values seems quite useful if cad contours can be used with Sextante.

many regards

Giuseppe Aruta

Re: Kosmo import CAD elevation field

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Giuseppe.

Could you send me an example file to check it to my personal email address?

Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe Aruta escribió:

> Hi,
> When I import a CAD topographic map into Kosmo and save it SHP, I have all the feature corrected imported, expecially if I use CAD simbology. Within imported fields there is an "Elevation" one, I suspect it should display Z values of elevation points or and contours. Nevertheless this filed is always empty, at least with cad files I used.
> I tried to import these CAD files using other comercial software  - Arc2shape - and have no problem.
> GvSIG 1.9 have the same limit, I wonder if this topic is a limit of CAD library (GDBMS) or it is possible to solve in Kosmo.
> Note that importing Z values seems quite useful if cad contours can be used with Sextante.
>
> many regards
>
> Giuseppe Aruta

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Kosmo import CAD elevation field - solved!

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi Sergio,
Meanwhile I think I solved that (false) problem: the DWG I recived were simply ....  without any elevation field - I didn't care about :-(
While preparing the files for you I got other ones with the same attribute/fields, I did other test importing into Kosmo  and they do have elevation fileds.
Sorry for my mistake.
And thank you for your availability :-)

Giuseppe

> Could you send me an example file to check it to my
> personal email address?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Giuseppe Aruta escribió:
> > Hi,
> > When I import a CAD topographic map into Kosmo and
> save it SHP, I have all the feature corrected imported,
> expecially if I use CAD simbology. Within imported fields
> there is an "Elevation" one, I suspect it should display Z
> values of elevation points or and contours. Nevertheless
> this filed is always empty, at least with cad files I used.
> > I tried to import these CAD files using other
> comercial software  - Arc2shape - and have no problem.
> > GvSIG 1.9 have the same limit, I wonder if this topic
> is a limit of CAD library (GDBMS) or it is possible to solve
> in Kosmo. Note that importing Z values seems quite useful if
> cad contours can be used with Sextante.
> >
> > many regards
> >
> > Giuseppe Aruta

> Sergio Baños Calvo
>
> Jefe de desarrollos
> Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG
> S.L.)
> Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
> Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876
>
> E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Kosmo import CAD elevation field - solved!

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Giuseppe.

Don't worry about, it's great that it wasn't a bug ;-) .

Regards,