Land use overlays way

Bill Leddy
I have an issue where I want to add a tag to an existing way using JOSM.
Trouble is that when I click on the way the land use area that abuts it is selected instead. My guess is that the land use is sharing nodes with way.
I'm thinking I could / should modify the land use area to have its own nodes where it abuts the road.

I've already solved my issue but I'm wondering what the best practice is for this sort of thing.

Regards,
    Bill Leddy

Re: Land use overlays way

Dave Mansfield
I don't thank a road and land use should share nodes. I had what I think is the same problem. We have a lot of roads that are on county lines. I had problems selecting the road. Are you using JOSM? If so I got an answer today to hold down the center mouse button. It will scroll through the different items under the mouse. Release it when the correct item comes up

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=27333

Dave