Leaflet 0.3 released

Vladimir Agafonkin
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce the new stable 0.3 release of Leaflet, a modern JavaScript library for interactive maps.

7 months after the previous stable version, this release brings a really huge number of improvements and bugfixes (see the changelog — just reading it will take quite a while!), having a smoother, more stable user experience, a wider platform support, and a more complete API while remaining simple, lightweight, fast and elegant, making Leaflet a number one choice for most web mapping needs of today.

I'd like to thank all the awesome people that contributed code, reported bugs, suggested improvements and asked questions — what a joy to see such a wonderful growing community around Leaflet!

Cheers!
Vladimir

--
Vladimir Agafonkin
Front-End Architect, CloudMade

Re: Leaflet 0.3 released

Nick Whitelegg-2

Hi Vladimir,

I've just tried building (previous version I had didn't rely on the 'jake' build system), following the documented instructions. After installing node.js and the node modules I get
an error about being unable to find uglify-js, even though it did appear to install properly.

This is using node-js 0.6.10, installed today. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Leaflet 0.3 released

Vladimir Agafonkin
Hi Nick,

Yes, try installing uglify-js locally, without the -g switch (e.g. "npm install uglify-js" while in the Leaflet folder). I reflected this in the readme.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Nick Whitelegg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Vladimir,

I've just tried building (previous version I had didn't rely on the 'jake' build system), following the documented instructions. After installing node.js and the node modules I get
an error about being unable to find uglify-js, even though it did appear to install properly.

This is using node-js 0.6.10, installed today. Any ideas on this?

--
Vladimir Agafonkin
Front-End Architect, CloudMade
+380 93 745 44 61