LearnOSM is being updated and reorganized

LearnOSM is being updated and reorganized

Tom Taylor-2
You may have noticed changes in LearnOSM, thanks to Nick Allen and our
intern Anwar. This is part of a broader effort to reorganize LearnOSM to
make it easier to bring new users on stream while supporting more
experienced mappers.

The impetus for this work has been the need to train thousands of new
volunteers when a major HOT activation comes along, as well as providing
support for mampathons. Nevertheless, the intended scope of the work is
to cover the needs of the whole OSM community.

HOT has established a "vision team" within the HOT Training WG, tasked
with defining the structure and content of the target LearnOSM.
We will bring the draft output of that team to the broader community
when it is available.

Those who want to be involved right now can take the following steps,
depending how far you want to go:
-- visit the HOT Training WG page at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Training
to see the initial groundwork for the project.
-- view E-mail discussion at
https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/d/msgid/training/30E9A103-528E-4564-ADEF-B133B49519EF%40suzanreed.com
and follow up any links that look interesting
-- join the HOT Training WG

Tom Taylor
Chair, HOT Training WG

Re: LearnOSM is being updated and reorganized

Heather Leson-2
Fantastic!

Thanks so much helping people on their learning journey

heather

Heather Leson
[hidden email]
Twitter: HeatherLeson