Limiting labels using vector in Google Earth

Limiting labels using vector in Google Earth

Kristopher Kane
Hello,

I selected a vector only data approach to viewing OSM data from geoserver in Google Earth.  It is pretty simple:

A Geoserver OSM layer (line or polygon) is served via WMS, in vector form, to Google Earth.  For my label styling I am using the property: name.  It seems that with KML/Google-Earth, if the feature doesn't have a name attribute, Google Earth displays the Geoserver layer name and a feature ID in its place.

This is rather annoying to look at and I just assume the feature have no label at all.  I seem to be able to achieve this with raster, but not when Google Earth is rendering the data for me.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to display labels where if the attribute:name doesn't exist, the styling falls back on attribute:ref and if it doesn't exist, display nothing.

Thanks,

Kris

Re: Limiting labels using vector in Google Earth

Charlotte Wolter
Kris,

        For those of us who are not techies, this is all Greek.
        I think this kind of question belongs on the JOSM list or something equally advanced.

Charlotte Wolter

At 12:44 PM 7/20/2013, you wrote:
[...]

927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
[hidden email]
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that would affect the first three freedoms.