Line rendering problem in Java Applet?

Alex Mauer
The following:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/edit-map.html?lat=44.5220790738996&lon=-89.5694238676186&scale=1.31687241481481e-05

does not display a line across the track points for me at this zoom
level.  If I zoom out a bit, it does.  Further in also does not.

Can anyone else duplicate and/or explain this?
--
Bad - You get pulled over for doing 90 in a school zone and you're drunk
off your ass again at three in the afternoon.

RE: Line rendering problem in Java Applet?

ANDY ROBINSON-2
Alex L. Mauer wrote: on 17 November 2005 03:13

>does not display a line across the track points for me at this zoom
>level.  If I zoom out a bit, it does.  Further in also does not.
>
>Can anyone else duplicate and/or explain this?

The line shows up for me which makes me suspect that you are seeing a cached
version of the view. It's worth noting that the server sometimes does not
deliver a layer properly (known bug). It can occasionally affect the display
of line segments but most commonly it's the Landsat tile that is missing or
no gps track points displayed. If this happens it can be difficult to
refresh the view to get the correct data without restarting the applet. I
tend to get round the problem by zooming in or out one level or adjusting
the lat or log slightly to get a fresh view to enable the editing to
continue without having to restart the applet.

I also very occasionally see in the editor that a line that I have drawn in
does not appear when I pan the map one position but that when I re-pan or
move elsewhere the line shows up. I have only seen it affect a line running
across the top border of the map (perhaps a geometry issue) but I am not
sure its consistent, however I do have one particular line segment that I
have had it happen to more than once. Crops up so rarely that I haven't
bothered to analyse in detail.

Hope this helps.

Andy Robinson