Live, interactive video training for mapping available

Live, interactive video training for mapping available

Blake Girardot
Hi all,

So I think I can do a Google hangout to do some mapping training. I
think I have all the issues worked out.

It might not be ideal but if anyone wants to give it a try just let me know.

I'd like to start with an introduction to JOSM, but really I am glad to
do any mapping help/training.

If you are interested please let me know.

Timing is always an issue, but I'll be available for the next 2 hours
(19:00 UTC - 21:00 UTC) in this hangout:

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent/AP36tYdxp5fYUgPxvO6BqyfsbVZKzIy016dd0Hc_Ud4nOktaG0uqlg

Come, join, ask questions, get answers (maybe ;)

I will also schedule something in the near future.

Cheers,
Blake

Re: Live, interactive video training for mapping available

Phil Allford
Here's the link to the recorded video on tube https://youtu.be/GOfTJ3QDQB4 .  Blake provided a lot of great tips in this demonstration of editing in JOSM for new users and I found myself going back to it again today.  You can skip the first 29 seconds of to get to the demonstration.

You'll want to make sure you have JOSM expert mode turned on to take advantage of some of the tricks.

- Phil

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

So I think I can do a Google hangout to do some mapping training. I think I have all the issues worked out.

It might not be ideal but if anyone wants to give it a try just let me know.

I'd like to start with an introduction to JOSM, but really I am glad to do any mapping help/training.

If you are interested please let me know.

Timing is always an issue, but I'll be available for the next 2 hours (19:00 UTC - 21:00 UTC) in this hangout:

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent/AP36tYdxp5fYUgPxvO6BqyfsbVZKzIy016dd0Hc_Ud4nOktaG0uqlg

Come, join, ask questions, get answers (maybe ;)

I will also schedule something in the near future.

Cheers,
Blake

Re: Live, interactive video training for mapping available

Blake Girardot

I apologize for the blinking video. I will get that minimized for the
next one I hope.

Thank you for helping with this first try at this Phil.

And please note, Phil saved me from making a pretty bad mistake about
1/2 way through in my mapping, thank you again for that Phil. Proof
again that we all learn from each other no matter how experienced we
might be, and never feel shy about speaking up and asking if you wonder
something.

cheers,
Blake