LiveJOSM project

Jiri Hubacek
Dear JOSM devs,

I would like to announce the LiveJOSM [1] project. It's not much, just
Debian Live [2] with JOSM preinstalled (+ some plugins). The purpose of
this project is to enable JOSM on Missing Maps [3] mapathons for users
without JOSM installed or mapping on company computers.

The project is in testing stage.

Some already build images ready to be burned to DVD or copied to USB
disk are (maybe) available on unreliable server [4].

Have a nice day,
jiri

[1]: https://gitlab.com/qeef/livejosm
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/
[3]: https://www.missingmaps.org/
[4]: http://giran.info/

Re: LiveJOSM project

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 12/4/18 10:39 PM, Jiri Vlasak wrote:
> I would like to announce the LiveJOSM [1] project. It's not much, just
> Debian Live [2] with JOSM preinstalled (+ some plugins).

Why not install the josm package from the backports repository?

No need for the icon hack then.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Re: LiveJOSM project

Jiri Hubacek
On 12/4/18 10:48 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 12/4/18 10:39 PM, Jiri Vlasak wrote:
>> I would like to announce the LiveJOSM [1] project. It's not much, just
>> Debian Live [2] with JOSM preinstalled (+ some plugins).
>
> Why not install the josm package from the backports repository?
>
> No need for the icon hack then.

There is no deep meaning in that. I am just used to download .jar from
website.

jiri