Liverpool

John McKerrell
I've just seen this article on BBC News, I believe something similar
was in the Observer too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6185902.stm

As almien was saying on IRC, someone should really get in touch with
these people and ask that if they think things should be free, would
they be willing to submit the results of their surveying to OSM. I
had already been thinking that they might be interested in sponsoring
some mapping of the city as there's really not much of Liverpool done
and things are developing so fast round here at the moment. This
article really suggests they should/could be interested.

I'm also quite interested to know what we as a community know about
making aerial photos. Is this something that can be done by amateurs
hiring a two seater plane and a consumer camera or does it need more
expensive hardware?

John