Logging Information/Warnings/Errors within JOSM

Logging Information/Warnings/Errors within JOSM

Gashi Labian

Hi all,

I am developing a plugin called “NeTEx Converter” that exports OSM data into a “Public Transport Exchange” format called “NeTEx”, which is ultimately an XML file.
During the export, I issue a lot of information/warnings/errors in Java that may occur while exporting and I would like to find an appropriate place to log such information/warnings/errors so that the user can see them in an appropriate way within JOSM after the export is finished.

Does anyone have an idea if this is possible with the current JOSM implementation? If yes, where/how should I implement this logging “thing”.

Thanks and regards,

Labian Gashi.