Machine-readable OSM tags and icons

Tac Tacelosky
I'm working on an interface that allows users to look at geo-coded streetviews and edit / create OSM nodes and ways (mostly amenities).  Is there a standard set of tags and icons I can use?

I've been looking at the taginfo, but not sure where the data about the tag mapping / icons is.

I was hoping this page would help:

But neither XML link works.

Any suggestions?

Tac

Re: Machine-readable OSM tags and icons

Tac Tacelosky
Ah, think I found it,

I've updated with wiki to include a link to this package.

Tac

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Tac Tacelosky <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm working on an interface that allows users to look at geo-coded streetviews and edit / create OSM nodes and ways (mostly amenities).  Is there a standard set of tags and icons I can use?

I've been looking at the taginfo, but not sure where the data about the tag mapping / icons is.

I was hoping this page would help:

But neither XML link works.

Any suggestions?

Tac

Re: Machine-readable OSM tags and icons

John F. Eldredge
Where are you getting the street view information?  Use of Google Street View for this purpose is not allowed by,Google.

Tac Tacelosky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on an interface that allows users to look at geo-coded
> streetviews and edit / create OSM nodes and ways (mostly amenities).
> Is
> there a standard set of tags and icons I can use?
>
> I've been looking at the taginfo, but not sure where the data about
> the tag
> mapping / icons is.
>
> I was hoping this page would help:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tags_to_Symbols_Mapping
>
> But neither XML link works.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Tac

John F. Eldredge -- [hidden email]
"Reserve your right to think, for it is better to think wrongly than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria

Re: Machine-readable OSM tags and icons

Tac Tacelosky
These are images I took with a panoramic camera (www.diy-streetview.com).  My plan is to license the ones I take as ODbL, and I'll encourage my clients to do the same.

My site isn't announced yet, and I'm hoping to get some basic OSM integration in when we launch.  If it works like I envision it, it'll be a very powerful tool for adding and updating OSM.   Point the streetview, zoom into look at something, and tag what you see -- gas station, restaurant, stop sign, etc.

If anyone would like to see it or beta test / provide feed on the OSM integration, email me at [hidden email]

Tac