Malaria Mapping YouthMappers Challenge

Russell Deffner-3

Greetings HOT Community,

Today we are launching a challenge for youthmappers chapters to help us map to eliminate malaria. If you or someone you know is part of a youthmapper chapter anywhere in the world, please feel free to forward along this link: https://hotosm.org/updates/2017-03-06_malaria_mapping_youthmappers_challenge

Just need to have one member of the chapter register on a short google form, then use a unique hashtag for your group in your changeset comment for your edits to count.

Register your group here, mapping projects are found here, please map projects created by ‘russdeffner’.

Any questions, please ask;

=Russ

Russell Deffner

[hidden email]

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

http://hotosm.org

Re: Malaria Mapping YouthMappers Challenge

Milo van der Linden-5
Yesterday I met the folks from https://denguehack.org and with ICM-Jamaica we been looking at Zika.

Wouldn't it be great if we could go for a "Mosquito Borne Diseases" challenge to attract a wider audience and given it is the same breed of mosquito that we are targeting?

Kind regards,

Milo

Op 6 mrt. 2017 17:09 schreef "Russell Deffner" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Hi Milo,

Yes, it would! And although we’re highlighting malaria, the data we are generating will assist in other disease interventions. I’m definitely not the expert on the difference and similarities of these diseases and their treatment and prevention strategies. I think the best place to come together around this topic is the #health channel on Slack (https://hotosm-slack.herokuapp.com/).

Or contact me directly if you want to chat,