MapRoulette challenges

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi folks.

The Telenav team continuously runs a series of data integrity checks on OSM data that we’re interested in. The OSM wiki has an overview [1].

Now some of these are easy fixes, and that means they make interesting MapRoulette challenges. For example here’s a challenge that highlights suspicious ’name’ values, such as values that contain a semicolon or comma: https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3316 It spans both Australia and New Zealand and has a total of 271 tasks.

I invite you to try it, especially if you haven’t used MapRoulette before. We can deploy more of them if there’s an appetite.

Anyone can create challenges on MapRoulette, so if there’s something you want fellow mappers to look at, feel free to set it up. I am happy to assist.

Happy Mapping —

Martijn