Mapping parklets

Mat Attlee
Is there a precedent for mapping a parklet? For more context

I've added the one in Hackney on Well St and treated it as outdoor seating given it is a collection of outdoor seats: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/897981951

Re: Mapping parklets

Great Britain mailing list
Taginfo has:

76x leisure=parklet (plus 3x leisure=covid_parklet, 1x leisure=Parklet) - mostly in the Bay area
12x name=Parklet or name=parklet (quite clearly incorrect tagging)
8x outdoor_seating=parklet (mostly combined with leisure=outdoor_seating) - mostly associated with a business (cafe/restaurant/bar)
2x park=parklet (with leisure=park) - but both of these are more like small parks than roadside parklets

Plus 100 or so names with "Parklet" in them - many of which will be included in the above.

I'd say that leisure=parklet looks like the way to go.

If you want to indicate that the parklet includes outdoor seating then maybe outdoor_seating=yes?

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 1:49 PM Mat Attlee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a precedent for mapping a parklet? For more context

I've added the one in Hackney on Well St and treated it as outdoor seating given it is a collection of outdoor seats: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/897981951

Re: Mapping parklets

David Woolley
On 21/01/2021 13:47, Mat Attlee wrote:
> Is there a precedent for mapping a parklet? For more context
>
> https://londonlivingstreets.com/parklets-campaign/
> <https://londonlivingstreets.com/parklets-campaign/>
> https://hackney.gov.uk/parklets <https://hackney.gov.uk/parklets>

Looks like leisure=garden to me.  The diminutive can be inferred from
the physical size.

Re: Mapping parklets

Martin Wynne-2
On 25/01/2021 13:36, Mat Attlee wrote:
> At the moment parklet does not seem to be a recognised option in most
> editors.

I would go for

     leisure=garden

with

     garden:type=public    (i.e. maintained by local authority)
  or garden:type=community (i.e. maintained by local residents)

Martin.