Marine Chart

John Thorn
I am trying to make a small marine chart for a friend's Garmin Chartplotter (I don't have one myself).

This is the command line :

java -jar mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp --family-id=7499 --overview-mapname=ReefMap --custom --series-name=ReefMap --index --location-autofill=is_in,nearest --input-file="E:\sheahan\77776666.mp"

Although visible in Basecamp and Homeport the device says "The Map Format is not supported"

Is it a matter of changing options in MKGMap or is my mission impossible?

John Thorn

ps the Polygon Types are just a random selection - finding what colours are available is the next phase.

77776666.mp (608K) Download Attachment

Re: Marine Chart

Vadim
Hi John!

This is not MkGmap problem.

See:
https://reefmaster.com.au/index.php/forum/mapping/192-creating-spectacular-garmin-charts-simply-from-rm?start=48#6330

http://www.anglingcharts.com/charts/corribforgarmin.html

"Please note that the latest (2015) Garmin Marine firmware (the software
inside the GPS) does not officially support 3rd party charts. Older Garmin
Chartplotters are unaffected ...

This applies to the new EchoMap series of chartplotters since Feb 2015 and
any other marine units with updated firmware since Feb 2015

Garmin Terrestrial units remain unaffected." (2019: now affected)

https://reefmaster.com.au/index.php/forum/support/1966-lowrance-map-for-garmin/10820
(thread deleted by Matt)
" Garmin has prevented own (custom IMG) charts in modern echoMAP and GPAMAP
units with an firmware update in 2017 or so. ... Only nerds can circumvent
the constraint."

For Garmin EchoMAP PLUS series you can use patched firmware:
http://www.gps-forum.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39236&start=70#p240635