Master City: Let's play with OpenStreetMap

Master City: Let's play with OpenStreetMap

Mario Danelli
Hi,

thanks to OpenStreetMap and his team I have just released a new
application, currently only for Android but if it hasa bit of success I
have already set the output on the iPhone and iPad, called "Master City".

The application is actually a game where, with a double-click, you have
to find 5 cities on the map.

The data can be filtered by continent or country and choose from 3
different levels of the game.
Furthermore, the application does not require access to the internet or
wi-fi because, at the moment, everything is contained in the application
itself.

If you want to take a look under the page on the store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danelli.mario&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kYW5lbGxpLm1hcmlvIl0.
I highly recommend you let me know if there are improvements (obviously)
and such.

In addition to the game itself I think can also be useful to know
OpenStreetMap for people of all ages (from 10 up can also be used as an
exercise in geography).

Obviously in the OpenStreetMap spirit the game is completely free and
without ads.

Thanks again to all who in recent years have been mapped and those who
have just begun.
The attribution can be found in the credits section of the settings.

Mario Danelli

Re: Master City: Let's play with OpenStreetMap

Thomas Doczkal

Il 24/02/2013 12:51, Thomas Doczkal ha scritto:
> I have a Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.2 and when I click the green
> start button the game stops after approximately half a second.

Dear Thomas,

Which is the version of the app? In the late morning I updated the app
to version 0.3.2. Could you try this and let me know?

Thanks for the feedback.

On 02/24/2013 06:08 PM, Mario Danelli wrote:
> Which is the version of the app? In the late morning I updated the app
> to version 0.3.2. Could you try this and let me know?
Hello Mario,

Indeed there was an update available. I just installed Version 0.3.2 but
the result is the same.

Regards,
Thomas

Il 24/02/2013 19:00, Thomas Doczkal ha scritto:

> On 02/24/2013 06:08 PM, Mario Danelli wrote:
>> Which is the version of the app? In the late morning I updated the app
>> to version 0.3.2. Could you try this and let me know?
> Hello Mario,
>
> Indeed there was an update available. I just installed Version 0.3.2 but
> the result is the same.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Dear Thomas,

the problem is due to a not correct management of the click event by
versions 4.x on Nexus.

If interested below a list of references:
https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet/issues/1201
https://github.com/ftlabs/fastclick/issues/71
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=37550
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=38808

The last version (0.3.3) just released contains a workaround that solve
the problem (tested with a Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.2 that had the problem).

Has been enhanced the visualization of settings page on high-resolution
devices, too.

Thanks, you have been the first to announce me the problem.

On 02/25/2013 09:54 PM, Mario Danelli wrote:
> Thanks, you have been the first to announce me the problem.
>
> Mario Danelli
Hello Mario,

thanks for your fast fixing. It's a really nice game.
I can also confirm that with the new release the issue is fixed.
I downloaded it earlier this week but could not answer till now.

I have seen that you added an extra zoom layer but I didn't notice any
difference to the previous level or just would like to zoom even closer
to get more points while pressing on the screen with my 'thumbs'. :)

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Master City - Country versions (Italy, France and Germany)

Mario Danelli
Dear all,

this message is only to announce that from about 1 month are available also
three national versions of the ANDROID instructional game based on
OpenStreetMap:

- Master City ITALIA
- Master City FRANCE
- Master City DEUTSCHLAND

with more than 1000 cities/towns for each country.

I hope it could be useful to let know OpenStreetMap project as many people
as possible.

Best regards

Mario