Melbourne Missing Maps/OSM rep?

Vilppola, Ritva

Hi Team,

WSP is holding a Missing Maps Mapathon next Thursday 5-8pm and we’re just wondering if there is anyone in Melbourne available to rep for OSM/Missing Maps for the evening?

We will also be getting in a speaker from MSF to attend so it would be great to have someone from OSM promote what it’s all about and ways people can get involved locally!

Cheers,

Ritva Vilppola
Sustainability Consultant

T: +7 3535 1518

[hidden email]

WSP Australia Pty Limited
900 Ann Street, Level 12
Fortitude Valley
4006  Australia

wsp.com

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise subject to restricted disclosure under applicable law. This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized or intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.

-LAEmHhHzdJzBlTWfa4Hgs7pbKl

Re: Melbourne Missing Maps/OSM rep?

ewmjc

Hi Vitva,

If you don't get any other volunteers, I'll be happy to come along and answer questions/talk ad hoc but not prepare a talk. I'm not familiar with Missing Maps but have previously served on the OSM Foundation board.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Collinson

Re: Melbourne Missing Maps/OSM rep?

SimonPoole

Pro tip (out of experience*): check that the MSF rep actually knows about OSM and what missing maps is.

Simon

* aka having to listen somebody going on about google maps at such an event.

Am 08.11.2019 um 04:41 schrieb Michael Collinson:

Hi Vitva,

If you don't get any other volunteers, I'll be happy to come along and answer questions/talk ad hoc but not prepare a talk. I'm not familiar with Missing Maps but have previously served on the OSM Foundation board.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Collinson

Re: Melbourne Missing Maps/OSM rep?

Vilppola, Ritva

Thanks Simon and Mike!

Yes- the MSF speakers coming in work on the field so we are mainly getting them in to discuss what it’s like and how maps help while our local office coordinators have background knowledge about Missing Maps.

Of course, we think it’s always useful to have someone who has mapped on OSM or Missing Maps (more than we have) to come in and have a chat!

Mike- it would be great for you to come and have a chat about OSM on Thursday! Our local team will get in touch with further details.