Message error on umap

Fabrizio Carrai
Hello,
I hope to not be out-of-topic but I'm having this message error when my umap [1] is loaded:

"Could not autodetect delimiter"

After closing the pop-up data are shown correctly, but the message is annoying. The map reads the data from a CSV remote data source that looks good to me.

Any idea ? Thanks in advance

Re: Message error on umap

Andrew Buck
The delimeter is what separates one "cell" of data in the CSV file from
the next.  Umap is telling you it cannot automatically determine what
character you are using to separate the fields.  You will either need to
tell it what character you are using manually (not sure how this is done
on the umap interface), or change your CSV file to use one of the
delimeters that it can autodetect.  Either way you will need to look at
the documentation for umap or just mess around in the interface until
you find what you need.  Hope this at least points you in the right
direction, even if it is not a direct answer to your problem.

-AndrewBuck

On 07/15/2017 10:34 AM, Fabrizio Carrai wrote:

> Hello,
> I hope to not be out-of-topic but I'm having this message error when my
> umap [1] is loaded:
>
> "Could not autodetect delimiter"
>
> After closing the pop-up data are shown correctly, but the message is
> annoying. The map reads the data from a CSV remote data source that looks
> good to me.
>
> Any idea ? Thanks in advance
>
> FabC
>

> [1]
> https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/it/map/ariss-school-contacts-missione-vita_157353#7/43.592/13.118

Re: Message error on umap

Fabrizio Carrai
Still looking in Umap on how to specify the delimiter. I tried your second option to "just mess up" the interface and the data to try to find what is confusing the app, but no joy till now. Maybe the tentative to attract with the the easiness of the CSV has shown again its limitation. Thanks for your hint, I will continue to play with data and app.

Fabrizio