Mobil Mapping Traffic Sign

OSM Schmid
Hey,

I’m quite new on OSM, so if no idea where to post my question… so please redirect me if I’m here wrong :)

The last few days I invest a lot of time of find some nice application to map traffic signs (scientific and commercial ones).
As a result I found “Scout” from Skobbler (http://sdkblog.skobbler.com/scoutsign-osm/) which also have a JOSM plugin and “myDriveAssist” from Bosch (http://iphone.bosch.com/mydriveassist/)
I meant that I read, that Scout’s sign-recognision based on Bosch’s algorithm, but I’m not sure!
My Problem: Scout only maps only speed limits and overtaking prohibition, Bosch maps more (seen in there youtube-video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9FkLZWBXo) but has no possibility to access there “cloud”.

My Question: Has already someone talked to Bosch, if there is an access to there/our data? Or are there other apps, also webcam application with laptop/raspberry pi etc to do this task?

Re: Mobil Mapping Traffic Sign

sabas88

Hey,

I’m quite new on OSM, so if no idea where to post my question… so please redirect me if I’m here wrong :)

The last few days I invest a lot of time of find some nice application to map traffic signs (scientific and commercial ones).
As a result I found “Scout” from Skobbler (http://sdkblog.skobbler.com/scoutsign-osm/) which also have a JOSM plugin and “myDriveAssist” from Bosch (http://iphone.bosch.com/mydriveassist/)
I meant that I read, that Scout’s sign-recognision based on Bosch’s algorithm, but I’m not sure!
My Problem: Scout only maps only speed limits and overtaking prohibition, Bosch maps more (seen in there youtube-video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9FkLZWBXo) but has no possibility to access there “cloud”.

Just in time, Mapillary has added sign recognition (for traffic)

My Question: Has already someone talked to Bosch, if there is an access to there/our data? Or are there other apps, also webcam application with laptop/raspberry pi etc to do this task?

Stefano

Re: Mobil Mapping Traffic Sign

Lorenz Schmid
Wow that’s really what im looking for!

Hope that a lot of osm-mapper these tools are using to improve the traffic maps.

Regards, Lorenz