Morton Bay National Park should have it's ID numbers under ref=

Morton Bay National Park should have it's ID numbers under ref=

Joel H.
Hello, I'm just noticing around Moreton Bay Marine Park. Many
nature_reserves are currently formatted as follows:

name= Honeymoon Bay (MNP05)

Shouldn't this be:

name= Honeymoon Bay

ref= MNP05

?

-Joel

Re: Morton Bay National Park should have it's ID numbers under ref=

Warin
+ 1
name is for the name only.

On 03/05/18 15:52, Andrew Harvey wrote:
I agree.

On Thu., 3 May 2018, 2:02 pm Joel H., [hidden email] wrote:
Hello, I'm just noticing around Moreton Bay Marine Park. Many
nature_reserves are currently formatted as follows:

name= Honeymoon Bay (MNP05)

Shouldn't this be:

name= Honeymoon Bay

ref= MNP05

?

-Joel

Re: Morton Bay National Park should have it's ID numbers under ref=

ewmjc

I also agree. Putting other info into a name is not good practice. Separation allows map renderer and search functionality to decide what to do rather than being forced into something.

I personally like to tag in a generic way as possible and therefore would use the "ref" tag as my choice. However other folks around the world like to preserve/present info about who/what is actually doing the reference index so you might want to consider something like (I am making this up):

npsr_qld:ref = MNP05

Mike