Multi-use Building

Stephen Johnson
I am trying to update OSM information about facilities a a state run park in the US. I am using JOSM as my editor. One of the buildings I would like to update is the park office. Previously there was no building outline and there were two nodes one labeled as information and one labeled as public restrooms (this may not be exact and I can't figure out to get the exact history). I added an outline for the building and incorporated into that the building address. As best as I could determine I should tag that as tourism=information. It isn't a museum but it does have some informational displays and the office for the park rangers who are available to answer questions about the park. So I tagged the building tourism=information. The problem I am having is that in the same building there are public toilets. It would be informative for that to show up on the map but it doesn't if the building is also tagged as tourism=information (only the i icon for that shows). My question is how do I best depict that there are also public toilets in this building.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: Multi-use Building

Paul Churchley
I would use a node positioned roughly in the middle of the building outline. You can use multiple values on the amenity= tag but as far as I can tell multiple values on a tag doesn't work too well. Don't ask me why?

On 2 January 2014 07:19, Stephen Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Pieren
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Paul Churchley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would use a node positioned roughly in the middle of the building outline.
> You can use multiple values on the amenity= tag but as far as I can tell
> multiple values on a tag doesn't work too well. Don't ask me why?

Yep. Put on the building outline the "main" usage/tag of that building
(for instance, a shop at ground floor and 20 floors of private
apparments is not mainly a shop building). Other facilities can be
identified with nodes inside the building polygon. If there is no
"main usage", create nodes as much as required and keep a generic
"building=yes" (or "office" or whatever) on the polygon.

Pieren