Multiple values in isced:level

Re: Multiple values in isced:level

> On 20. Aug 2019, at 00:54, Andrew Davidson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a ISCED level 1A?

maybe not, or not currently (they could introduce them at some point), what I wanted to say is that you need to know all possible values to make sense of a range, while you need no knowledge about possible values to get the information from a list.

Cheers Martin

Re: Multiple values in isced:level

Graeme Fitzpatrick
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 09:09, Martin Koppenhoefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

what I wanted to say is that you need to know all possible values to make sense of a range, while you need no knowledge about possible values to get the information from a list.

I can see what you're getting at, but under that concept, when we enter opening hours as Mo-Fr 09:00-17:00, we should actually be entering Mo=yes;Tu=yes;We=yes ... 09:00=yes;10:00=yes etc (or should that be 09:00=yes;09:15=yes;09:30=yes ... - no, of course it shouldn't be!).

For some situations, a range is perfectly acceptable, & saying that a school is 0-12 is one of them.

Thanks

Graeme