Nabble deletes posts

dieterdreist
This morning I have received several messages from Nabble, <[hidden email]> with the following text and a few of my old (2017) messages attached:

***

Dear user,

Some of your posts have been deleted from GIS
and we are sending you copies so that you have a chance to save them.

Sincerely,
The Nabble team
Free Embeddable Category powered by Nabble
https://www.nabble.com/

***

Am I the only one? I have no idea why they deleted these posts, they seem completely innocuous, on topic and without any kind of privacy or copyright violation inherent (no addresses or phonenumbers, no name calling, etc.).

Re: Nabble deletes posts

dieterdreist
someone replied in private:

Hi Martin, might this help you?http://n8.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=53

but I am not sure how this is applying, and in particular, why these posts? All messages are to the tagging mailing list, it is just 7 in total (i.e. a tiny fraction of what I wrote to tagging) and from July 2017, e.g. my replies to this thread: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2017-July/032742.html and this: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2017-July/032762.html

Re: Nabble deletes posts

Maarten Deen
On 2018-10-11 11:35, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> someone replied in private:
>
>> Hi Martin, might this help
>> you?http://n8.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=53
>
> but I am not sure how this is applying, and in particular, why these
> posts? All messages are to the tagging mailing list, it is just 7 in
> total (i.e. a tiny fraction of what I wrote to tagging) and from July
> 2017, e.g. my replies to this thread:
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2017-July/032742.html
> and this:
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2017-July/032762.html

If they haven't been moved, then this should not be applicable

> In summary, only root nodes are checked for deletion. This means that
> only threads that have been removed or inactive root level forums will
> be caught by the garbage collector process.

and the messages shouldn't get deleted.

Maarten

Re: Nabble deletes posts

dieterdreist
Am Do., 11. Okt. 2018 um 12:24 Uhr schrieb Maarten Deen <[hidden email]>:
and the messages shouldn't get deleted.

to me it seems as if nabble is missing an entire year between 2017 and 2018 (1st August 2017 - 27 Sept. 2018):