Name in OSM

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Name in OSM

Xan-3
Hi,

Is there any way of OSM display the names or the relations in paths?
That is, a path has name X and it belongs to one relation that has name
Y. Is there possible to display name=X (Y)?

For example, this http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/198642249 is a
path with name "camí de la Trapa" and it belongs to relation
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/383060 which is very
popular and has name
GR 221 Ruta de Pedra en Sec. I wish that everybody could see in the map
that this path (camí de la Trapa) belongs to that relation

I can put manually (GR-221) in the name but it's a little bit "ugly"

Thanks a lot,
Xan.

_______________________________________________
newbies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/newbies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Name in OSM

SomeoneElse
On 12/01/2013 14:26, Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way of OSM display the names or the relations in paths?
> That is, a path has name X and it belongs to one relation that has
> name Y. Is there possible to display name=X (Y)?
>

Something like Lonvia's excellent hiking map, perhaps?:

http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=10&lat=39.76586&lon=2.54605

There are lots of different maps using OSM data.  It's be impossible for
the OSM "standard" map to show all of the information that's in the
database, so there are lots of different maps that specialise in showing
different information.

It's also possible to add relation names to mkgmap-created Garmin maps -
have a look at at "apply" on this page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/style_rules

Cheers,
Andy


_______________________________________________
newbies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/newbies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Name in OSM

Xan-3
Thanks, Andy. So the "correct police" is to put the real name in name
(not the relation name)?

Xan.

Al 12/01/13 20:44, En/na SomeoneElse ha escrit:

> On 12/01/2013 14:26, Xan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way of OSM display the names or the relations in paths?
>> That is, a path has name X and it belongs to one relation that has
>> name Y. Is there possible to display name=X (Y)?
>>
>
> Something like Lonvia's excellent hiking map, perhaps?:
>
> http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=10&lat=39.76586&lon=2.54605
>
> There are lots of different maps using OSM data.  It's be impossible
> for the OSM "standard" map to show all of the information that's in
> the database, so there are lots of different maps that specialise in
> showing different information.
>
> It's also possible to add relation names to mkgmap-created Garmin maps
> - have a look at at "apply" on this page:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/style_rules
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> newbies mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/newbies


_______________________________________________
newbies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/newbies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Name in OSM

SomeoneElse
Xan wrote:
> Thanks, Andy. So the "correct police" is to put the real name in name
> (not the relation name)?
>

Yes - that's what the "name" tag is for!

Cheers,
Andy


_______________________________________________
newbies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/newbies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Name in OSM

Xan-3
Al 13/01/13 11:10, En/na SomeoneElse ha escrit:

> Xan wrote:
>> Thanks, Andy. So the "correct police" is to put the real name in name
>> (not the relation name)?
>>
>
> Yes - that's what the "name" tag is for!
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>
>
In Mallorca area, there are a lot of people putting relation name in the
name of the highway. So wrong behaviour. If I have time, I will re-edit
these.

Thanks,
Xan.

_______________________________________________
newbies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/newbies