Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Kretzer
When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA as source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is nothing nearby. Like here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397
Looks like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because hospitals are important!

By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole project?

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Rafael Avila Coya

Hi, Kretzer and DWG:

I've just noticed this too. This import was done about 12 hours ago
(08:54-May/03/2015) by user MeghaShrestha [1] in one changeset [2].
4,664 nodes imported. Nodes locations are not only wrong (being most
of them in the middle of nowhere), but also poorly tagged. No wiki has
been produced, and no discussion with the Nepal OSM community nor the
imports list.

I've already sent an email to the user MeghaShrestha.

If you are right with it, I will revert the changeset.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MeghaShrestha
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/30742446

On 03/05/15 18:14, Kretzer wrote:

> When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes
> tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA as
> source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is nothing
> nearby. Like here:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
> hospitals are important!
>

> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
> project?

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

kusala nine
I noticed one of these too in the region of Gorkha. Maybe someone has bulk uploaded hospital locations and some are incorrect or imprecise. I deleted one when doing #1024 as it was in the middle of nowhere... Maybe worth extracting and validating them as a one-off job. I seem to remember seeing an email thread about unverified hospital locations but can't find it now.... anyone else know?

jon.

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 11:14 PM, Kretzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA as source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is nothing nearby. Like here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397
Looks like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because hospitals are important!

By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole project?

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Clifford Snow

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM, kusala nine <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed one of these too in the region of Gorkha. Maybe someone has bulk uploaded hospital locations and some are incorrect or imprecise. I deleted one when doing #1024 as it was in the middle of nowhere... Maybe worth extracting and validating them as a one-off job. I seem to remember seeing an email thread about unverified hospital locations but can't find it now.... anyone else know?

There was a shapefile with health facilities of Nepal. Many of the nodes were in the middle of no where. So were nearby health facilities already in OSM but many were not. I recommended not importing the data. I also believe that there was questionable license associated with the file. I'm unable to find the data and may have deleted it already.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

pierzen
Rafael,

could you take care of this? I think that these should be reverted before anybody start to edit and complicate the matter.
Please, do not import such data before discussing with the community. The humanitarians, including doctors, are using OSMand to orient themselves. This data will create more harm then help.

Pierre

De : Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]>
À : [hidden email]; DWG <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Dimanche 3 mai 2015 18h53
Objet : Re: [HOT] Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Hi, Kretzer and DWG:

I've just noticed this too. This import was done about 12 hours ago
(08:54-May/03/2015) by user MeghaShrestha [1] in one changeset [2].
4,664 nodes imported. Nodes locations are not only wrong (being most
of them in the middle of nowhere), but also poorly tagged. No wiki has
been produced, and no discussion with the Nepal OSM community nor the
imports list.

I've already sent an email to the user MeghaShrestha.

If you are right with it, I will revert the changeset.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MeghaShrestha
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/30742446

On 03/05/15 18:14, Kretzer wrote:

> When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes
> tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA as
> source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is nothing
> nearby. Like here:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
> hospitals are important!
>

> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
> project?

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Rafael Avila Coya

Ok, Pierre. I will revert the data, as some people are deleting some
hospital nodes already.

Cheers,

Rafael.

*De :* Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]>

> *À :* [hidden email]; DWG <[hidden email]> *Envoyé
> le :* Dimanche 3 mai 2015 18h53 *Objet :* Re: [HOT] Nepal: Hospital
> import gone wrong?
>
> Hi, Kretzer and DWG:
>
> I've just noticed this too. This import was done about 12 hours
> ago (08:54-May/03/2015) by user MeghaShrestha [1] in one changeset
> [2]. 4,664 nodes imported. Nodes locations are not only wrong
> (being most of them in the middle of nowhere), but also poorly
> tagged. No wiki has been produced, and no discussion with the Nepal
> OSM community nor the imports list.
>
> I've already sent an email to the user MeghaShrestha.
>
> If you are right with it, I will revert the changeset.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rafael.
>
> [1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MeghaShrestha [2]
>
> On 03/05/15 18:14, Kretzer wrote:
>> When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes
>> tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA
>> as source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is
>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397>Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Rafael Avila Coya

Hi there:

I reverted the changeset: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/30763506

*De :* Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]>

> *À :* [hidden email]; DWG <[hidden email]> *Envoyé
> le :* Dimanche 3 mai 2015 18h53 *Objet :* Re: [HOT] Nepal: Hospital
> import gone wrong?
>
> Hi, Kretzer and DWG:
>
> I've just noticed this too. This import was done about 12 hours
> ago (08:54-May/03/2015) by user MeghaShrestha [1] in one changeset
> [2]. 4,664 nodes imported. Nodes locations are not only wrong
> (being most of them in the middle of nowhere), but also poorly
> tagged. No wiki has been produced, and no discussion with the Nepal
> OSM community nor the imports list.
>
> I've already sent an email to the user MeghaShrestha.
>
> If you are right with it, I will revert the changeset.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rafael.
>
> [1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MeghaShrestha [2]
>
> On 03/05/15 18:14, Kretzer wrote:
>> When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes
>> tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA
>> as source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is
>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397>Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

pierzen
Thanks Rafael,

quite an activation. everything going fast, and with all the new contributors, we need the community to take care, to assure that we deliver as usual quality data to the humanitarians. We have to re-invent ourselves at each activation, develop both our tools, techniques and social organization of this.
 regard

Pierre

De : Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]>
À : Pierre Béland <[hidden email]>
Cc : "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>; DWG <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Dimanche 3 mai 2015 19h49

*De :* Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]>

> *À :* [hidden email]; DWG <[hidden email]> *Envoyé
> le :* Dimanche 3 mai 2015 18h53 *Objet :* Re: [HOT] Nepal: Hospital
> import gone wrong?
>
> Hi, Kretzer and DWG:
>
> I've just noticed this too. This import was done about 12 hours
> ago (08:54-May/03/2015) by user MeghaShrestha [1] in one changeset
> [2]. 4,664 nodes imported. Nodes locations are not only wrong
> (being most of them in the middle of nowhere), but also poorly
> tagged. No wiki has been produced, and no discussion with the Nepal
> OSM community nor the imports list.
>
> I've already sent an email to the user MeghaShrestha.
>
> If you are right with it, I will revert the changeset.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rafael.
>
> [1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MeghaShrestha [2]
>
> On 03/05/15 18:14, Kretzer wrote:
>> When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes
>> tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA
>> as source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is
>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397>Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Rafael Avila Coya

Hi all:

Megha (MeghaShrestha), the user that imported these data, has answered
me through the OSM messaging. She works with the KLL and she tells me:
"we are trying to create papers for the relief workers. The problem
being there are enough details like roads, buildings, rivers but no
POIs in many areas. It is difficult for the relief workers to locate
themselves on the map. Importing the health facilities data was an
attempt so that they can at least find some POIs they can look for
while locating themselves on the map. The data I imported was from
https://data.hdx.rwlabs.org/dataset/nepal-health-facilities-cod. The
licence says we can use the data for non commercial purpose and we
need to credit the source. I hope these information are helpful and
you can help us out."

With this info, I can see that the data is the one we were discussing
a few days ago, although that data set contained almost 9,000 nodes,
whereas the one of Megha had around 4,660.

I recall the main problem: geolocation was very poor (most of nodes in
well out of any settlements). The other problem I see is the license:
it's for non-commercial use, and that makes it incompatible with the
OSM license.

I really feel to give a no in such circumstances as these, and that's
why I ask for more input from other people with experience on this,
just in case there is any possibility of including the data into OSM,
and if not what other options we would have to make good use of these
data set, if any.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 03/05/15 18:14, Kretzer wrote:

> When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes
> tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA as
> source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is nothing
> nearby. Like here:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
> hospitals are important!
>

> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
> project?

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Prabhas Pokharel
Thank you all; two main issues here: one that the dataset geolocations are problematic, and two that the license was incompatible. Apologies for incorrectly interpreting the license here in Nepal.

As megha said, the reason we attempted this was because the maps that HOTOSM volunteers have helped create via tracing for us is amazingly detailed (in terms of residential areas, roads, pre-quake buildings), but hard to use because of the lack of POIs on the ground. This was an attempt to alleviate the problem, but sounds like we did misinterpret the license issue, and apologies for that.

We simply did not know about the problematic geolocations. However, it is worth noting that this dataset is what a lot of organizations have been using locally, given that it is the best available dataset of health facility locations.

Maybe the discussion we need to have soon is how we can improve OSM-based tools (MapOSMatic, Fieldpapers, etc) to incorporate datasets like this that are very useful in scenarios like what we are going through, but are incompatible to put into OSM because of the license.

cheers,
Prabhas

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all:

Megha (MeghaShrestha), the user that imported these data, has answered
me through the OSM messaging. She works with the KLL and she tells me:
"we are trying to create papers for the relief workers. The problem
being there are enough details like roads, buildings, rivers but no
POIs in many areas. It is difficult for the relief workers to locate
themselves on the map. Importing the health facilities data was an
attempt so that they can at least find some POIs they can look for
while locating themselves on the map. The data I imported was from
https://data.hdx.rwlabs.org/dataset/nepal-health-facilities-cod. The
licence says we can use the data for non commercial purpose and we
need to credit the source. I hope these information are helpful and
you can help us out."

With this info, I can see that the data is the one we were discussing
a few days ago, although that data set contained almost 9,000 nodes,
whereas the one of Megha had around 4,660.

I recall the main problem: geolocation was very poor (most of nodes in
well out of any settlements). The other problem I see is the license:
it's for non-commercial use, and that makes it incompatible with the
OSM license.

I really feel to give a no in such circumstances as these, and that's
why I ask for more input from other people with experience on this,
just in case there is any possibility of including the data into OSM,
and if not what other options we would have to make good use of these
data set, if any.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 03/05/15 18:14, Kretzer wrote:
> When looking at the Gorkha area in #1024 I noticed several nodes
> tagged as "Hospital" with a lot of information, quoting UNOCHA as
> source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is nothing
> nearby. Like here:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
> hospitals are important!
>

> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
> project?

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Rafael Avila Coya

Hi, Prabhas:

I wonder if this data can be incorporated to a local or alternative
database that can be of use in this situation.

About the field papers, I don't see any problem to use this data as a
guide of finding those health facilities and correctly geolocate them
while surveying on the ground.

Using the GNS and other place nodes already in the database, it might
be possible to add some of this nodes to OSM. It might. But in any
case, the license is a restriction. A very sad one, but nothing to do
about it, unless the copyright holders let us upload the data to OSM
without that non-commercial restriction.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 04/05/15 00:26, Prabhas Pokharel wrote:

> [...]
>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

> -- Prabhas Pokharel http://prabhasp.com
> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Prabhas Pokharel
> A very sad one, but nothing to do
> about it, unless the copyright holders let us upload the data to OSM
> without that non-commercial restriction.

HOT, we must have contacts at UN OCHA, can we start a conversation to ask if they are willing to do it? At the moment, we don't have the bandwidth here at KLL these days to have this conversation. But as I see it, adding POIs and named places onto the map is pretty important to focus on, in parallel with all of the imagery-based work that we are doing.

cheers,
Prabhas

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> as source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is
>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

> -- Prabhas Pokharel http://prabhasp.com
> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

--
Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Heather Leson-2

Hi Pierre is sleeping. I would normally ask him and activation. I will ask a contact via UN OCHA (offlist) and report back to activation

What I need is:
1. Confirmation that the changeset link includes the full dataset (the link below )
2. Exact source link for the dataset.

I will ask for a license update.

Does this sound ok?

Heather

The file is

On May 4, 2015 7:48 AM, "Prabhas Pokharel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> as source, but obviously in the wrong place, because there is
>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

> -- Prabhas Pokharel http://prabhasp.com
> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

--
Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Heather,
2. The dataset was the following
1. Megha went through and manually matched up health facilities in the Kathmandu Valley, because KLL has formerly surveyed and created a rigorous dataset in the valley. A majority of the conflicts in the valley were deleted. Since the second dataset doesn't have names, match up was done by location. Please follow up with Megha on the rest.

If we get a compatible license, the other route we could go through (instead of re-instanting the changeset) is to do a more rigorous import, after checking that the health facility locations seem legitimate (not in forests, near residences, etc.) and not in conflict with existing facilities with HOT's help.

cheers,
Prabhas

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Heather Leson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

> -- Prabhas Pokharel http://prabhasp.com
> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

--
Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Thank you.

Inquiry sent.

Heather

On May 4, 2015 8:02 AM, "Prabhas Pokharel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

> -- Prabhas Pokharel http://prabhasp.com
> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

--
Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Hello, my contacts advised that they are following up.  A quick note that this is a WHO dataset, not OCHA. If any files or notes could reflect that great.

If there is any update I will let you know. It might take some time due to timezones and approvals by different UN groups.

Thank you again for your work and advocacy.

Heather

On May 4, 2015 8:15 AM, "Heather Leson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> nothing nearby. Like here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=19/28.00839/84.62397 Looks
>> like a mass import that somehow went wrong ... shame, because
>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

> -- Prabhas Pokharel http://prabhasp.com
> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

--
Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Thank you Heather, highly appreciated.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Heather Leson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> hospitals are important!
>

>> By the way, I am somewhat confused as to what is that called a
>> "task" now? Is it a single tile (with a #) or is it the whole
>> project?

> -- Prabhas Pokharel http://prabhasp.com
> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya

- --------------------------------

.xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, aínda podendoo facer,  non os abro.

--
Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

--
Prabhas Pokharel
http://prabhasp.com
twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Maybe at some point a wrong coordinate system was used for conversion? Like from the .shp to .kll.
(that's usually the reason why my GIS imports end up in the wrong place ...)

It would be great if these important data could be of use in the end.

Gesendet mit der GMX iPhone App

Am 04.05.15 um 07:51 schrieb Heather Leson

> Hello, my contacts advised that they are following up.  A quick note that
>
> this is a WHO dataset, not OCHA. If any files or notes could reflect that
>
> great.
>

> If there is any update I will let you know. It might take some time due to
>
> timezones and approvals by different UN groups.
>

> Thank you again for your work and advocacy.
>

> Heather
>
> On May 4, 2015 8:15 AM, "Heather Leson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Thank you.
>

> > Inquiry sent.
>

> > Heather
>
> > On May 4, 2015 8:02 AM, "Prabhas Pokharel" <[hidden email]>
>
> > wrote:
>

> >> Heather,
>
> >> 2. The dataset was the following
>
> >> https://data.hdx.rwlabs.org/dataset/nepal-health-facilities-cod
>
> >> 1. Megha went through and manually matched up health facilities in the
>
> >> Kathmandu Valley, because KLL has formerly surveyed and created a rigorous
>
> >> dataset in the valley. A majority of the conflicts in the valley were
>
> >> deleted. Since the second dataset doesn't have names, match up was done by
>
> >> location. Please follow up with Megha on the rest.
>

> >> If we get a compatible license, the other route we could go through
>
> >> (instead of re-instanting the changeset) is to do a more rigorous import,
>
> >> after checking that the health facility locations seem legitimate (not in
>
> >> forests, near residences, etc.) and not in conflict with existing
>
> >> facilities with HOT's help.
>

> >> cheers,
>
> >> Prabhas

> >> --
>
> >> Prabhas Pokharel
>
> >> http://prabhasp.com
>
> >> twitter/skype/facebook/whatever: prabhasp

Re: Nepal: Hospital import gone wrong?

Springfield Harrison
Hello Kratzer,

         Just signed on moments ago, background
in GIS, GPS mapping, helicopter pilot.

         Just curious if there is any metadata
attached to the GPS field information as to the
map projection and datum in use?  Is there any
documentation for GPS field workers to refer
to?  Or is this information just manually placed
on the map by eye?  Bad data could be worse than none at all.

         Perhaps I could help with documentation
for GPS fieldworkers if there is none in place.

                 Lots of challenges I'm sure,
Cheers . . . . . . . . Spring Harrison, Canada

At 04-05-2015 00:03 Monday, Kretzer wrote:

> [...]
>(GNU/Linux) > > >>>>> Comment: Using GnuPG with
>undefined -
>http://www.enigmail.net/ > > >>>>> > > >>>>>
>iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJVRvhtAAoJEB3niTly2pPQ6rYQAIACG4KEtph2xtxQvywpuEsJ
> > > >>>>>
>dJujmsakn1Z2R3Cx6RhbB1cpTtwRB5R08WDeDx6veKh2NjyyoYmBk1gpxam0M8m+
> > > >>>>>
>nZcyixJxn59vMkVHCLh0kKyBBGNnDAPyQC+GBZtPsW04Vd7Zi8qc3rs98CnE3QHP
> > > >>>>>
>gHpXfD/xtiMSi/g/Q6MhQ/DNYOQLLyZn9O2F3zg8UWHFTBFcUE544wnOkKmzmoKF
> > > >>>>>
>ORyfN5Z3/d8E6GewV48otvl96S1xVikmLqu3AEDDGugU1llBOIpjG1gpF+yIEDtD
> > > >>>>>
>Qq5+2iYGqTWoq/k/fVpuORvWaETHYtORzcTjGbul757gwLZYFwJtrgMsnkjf0KiO
> > > >>>>>
>flnL3w6Vh5Ysc/imP5P6p76yg5rxRPhuoSdc0H5OJTExH09sZAwrvqOmjULeYTaX
> > > >>>>>
>wfltzd8QJmD7WWLSsVnRVNoNXyPkA6EFB0x5zJklAJdELslAZIrV2X0YPB/bbqDT
> > > >>>>>
>TJPob34LoicYoXZ0JPt5VbHPYUTZvHq7HJ8bZzaXOrWblPctb4fz7abUHUMEzl/5
> > > >>>>>
>W9KoNx0wJAU1ChJkERV8IxuMwnffwELnw/CUN5p57XJ6PY5vCnuTOPYoScrTwFN4
> > > >>>>>
>lfvwRSoMkDsbcmCPotaXJ+lt2egKAZoqWc9T78qEsOUsf9gB1pF2zfvHmTKBQ500

Bernadette Williams
I just joined this weekend but I have a little bit of experience mapping data in this region of the world. GIS data I've received in Bangladesh needed to be projected/transformed from BTM (Bangladesh Transverse Mercator) to WGS 84. BTM is based on the Everest 1830 geographic coordinate system.  Perhaps this is the same coordinate system being used locally in Nepal.

-Bernadette