New JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin

Alan Bragg
Can someone explain
​,​
​or point me to documentation on ​
how to use the
​ new​
JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin?
The only documentation I can find is " The RasterFiltersPlugin allows to choose and apply some images' filters to some layers"
I loaded the plugin and see no tools, I'm feeling like an idiot.
Alan



_______________________________________________
Talk-us mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-us
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin

Blake Girardot
Hi,

Directions:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RasterFilters

Note it has a two step process, install the plugin, restart, go to
preferences and download the filters in the "Map project tab" (3rd from
top in mine, has a grid pattern). Clicking the "download" button there
doesn't have a visible effect, but you probably have to do it.

After that it works as advertised now.

Cheers,
Blake



On 8/25/2015 4:03 PM, Alan Bragg wrote:

> Can someone explain
> ​,​
> ​or point me to documentation on ​
> how to use the
> ​ new​
> JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin?
> The only documentation I can find is " The RasterFiltersPlugin allows to
> choose and apply some images' filters to some layers"
> I loaded the plugin and see no tools, I'm feeling like an idiot.
> Alan
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-us mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-us
>

_______________________________________________
Talk-us mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-us
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin

Alan Bragg
Thanks Blake, When I went to the page


RasterFilters was not listed. Even after refreshing the page.


Alan

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Directions:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RasterFilters

Note it has a two step process, install the plugin, restart, go to preferences and download the filters in the "Map project tab" (3rd from top in mine, has a grid pattern). Clicking the "download" button there doesn't have a visible effect, but you probably have to do it.

After that it works as advertised now.

Cheers,
Blake




On 8/25/2015 4:03 PM, Alan Bragg wrote:
Can someone explain
​,​
​or point me to documentation on ​
how to use the
​ new​
JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin?
The only documentation I can find is " The RasterFiltersPlugin allows to
choose and apply some images' filters to some layers"
I loaded the plugin and see no tools, I'm feeling like an idiot.
Alan




_______________________________________________
Talk-us mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-us



_______________________________________________
Talk-us mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-us
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New JOSM RasterFiltersPlugin

Greg Morgan


On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Alan Bragg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Blake, When I went to the page


RasterFilters was not listed. Even after refreshing the page.


Alan

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Directions:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RasterFilters

Note it has a two step process, install the plugin, restart, go to preferences and download the filters in the "Map project tab" (3rd from top in mine, has a grid pattern). Clicking the "download" button there doesn't have a visible effect, but you probably have to do it.

After that it works as advertised now.


Beyond what Blake said, here are two key phrases from the wiki page.

"Also after adding at least one layer you can find button Choose Filter in the JOSM main window (Figure 2).
...
"Note: if you added not raster but OSM layer the Choose Filters button will be disabled.

In practice that means clicking on, say, the MapBox layer, and making sure that the little green check mark is on the same layer. Only then will the Choose Filter icon be enabled so that you can add the filters to the desired layer.

Regards,
Greg


_______________________________________________
Talk-us mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-us