New OS Locator (201405) out, Musical Chairs updated

New OS Locator (201405) out, Musical Chairs updated

Robert Scott
Hello everybody,

(You'll all know the basic form of these emails by now and be expecting it)

It's May, the new OS Locator release is out and I've updated Musical Chairs[1] with it.

Interesting changes should be particularly visible in the "recent relevant updates" view[2] for the next week or so if you want to take a look.

In this update there seem to be 17,925 new or changed entries and 13,847 removed entries. Looking at these early can often show you interesting things like names of roads in housing estates that aren't built yet.

As ever I've put up a version I've assigned my ad-hoc stable ids to (what?[3]) here[4] in case anyone would find it useful.

robert.

[1] http://ris.dev.openstreetmap.org/oslmusicalchairs/
[2] http://ris.dev.openstreetmap.org/oslmusicalchairs/map?view_mode=recentrelevantupdate
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OS_Locator_Musical_Chairs#What.27s_this_.22id.22_you.27re_using_for_Locator_entries.3F
[4] http://ris.dev.openstreetmap.org/oslmusicalchairs/data/oslocator/

Re: New OS Locator (201405) out, Musical Chairs updated

sk53.osm
Not looked at these for a while: it's clear that OS Locator is adding more small terraces, blocks of flats etc which it didn't have.

Plenty of new surveys to be done, although the hoary old ones still exist, like this one: http://ris.dev.openstreetmap.org/oslmusicalchairs/map?osl_id=780375. I've surveyed this area several times. I'm finally convinced that all the houses on this road have street addresses of Sherwin Walk, and there are no name signs. It may officially be called Vicarage Close, but only the OS know about it.

Jerry