New OSM Data Export: Deleted User Account IDs

New OSM Data Export: Deleted User Account IDs

Grant Slater
Announcing a new OpenStreetMap data export...

https://planet.openstreetmap.org/users_deleted/

The export contains the list of historical OpenStreetMap User Account
IDs where the User Account has been deleted.

The most common reason why a user account is deleted is because the
user account was being used exclusively for spamming purposes (diary,
user details etc).

Sometimes User Accounts are also deleted for legal reasons (GDPR etc).

Kind regards,

Grant
Part of OpenStreetMap Sysadmin Team.

Re: New OSM Data Export: Deleted User Account IDs

dieterdreist
In this context it would be interesting to get an idea how many people asked themselves for deleting their own account. Does the list contain a reason for the account deletion?

Re: New OSM Data Export: Deleted User Account IDs

SimonPoole

No and we wouldn't publish that on an account by account base for rather obvious privacy reasons.

Simon

mmd

Am 07.09.2018 um 18:09 schrieb Grant Slater:
> The export contains the list of historical OpenStreetMap User Account
> IDs where the User Account has been deleted.
>
> The most common reason why a user account is deleted is because the
> user account was being used exclusively for spamming purposes (diary,
> user details etc).

For a more efficient processing of planet and diff files, it would
probably make sense to have a separate file with deleted users who
contributed at least one changeset (users.changesets_count > 0).

This way we could get rid of all those spam accounts in the current list
that aren't relevant in this context anyway.