New SPOT imagery over Ivory Coast

Frédéric Bonifas
Hi,

After two aerial images over Abidjan, SPOT has released a new image
for Openstreetmap in Ivory Coast. It covers the border area with
Liberia, as many internal displaced people are moving there according
to reports. Quality is very decent and it is easy to trace is a not
too dense area.
This image is also an application case for French students trained by
Nicolas Chavent on OSM/HOT, which have already done a great job of
tracing/village naming. I will let him tell more about that.

Tracing is allowed in JOSM and Merkaartor but not Potlatch. The source
tag is "2009 Cnes / Spot Image"

The WMS URL for use in JOSM is :
http://ws.spotimage.com/spotlive/wms/594c4e05-0160-41b8-908e-8331305dcefc?FORMAT=image/jpeg&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&Layers=spotlive&

More details are on the wiki :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/En:WikiProject_Ivory_Coast

Frédéric Bonifas
+33672652807 skype:fredericbonifas

JOSM?Merkaartor but not Potlatch (was Re: New SPOT imagery over Ivory Coast)

Steve Doerr
On 15/03/2011 09:11, Frédéric Bonifas wrote:

> Tracing is allowed in JOSM and Merkaartor but not Potlatch.

That's the second time I've seen that condition attached to a donation
of imagery to the project. What is the reason for it?

--
Steve

Re: JOSM?Merkaartor but not Potlatch (was Re: New SPOT imagery over Ivory Coast)

Frédéric Bonifas
For now, SPOT doesn't want the imagery to be used in a web app, but
only with desktop ones.
The complete license in here : http://www.youmapps.org/licenses/EULA-OSM-en.html