New download available: Set of North symbols for the advanced printing extension

New download available: Set of North symbols for the advanced printing extension

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning to all.

We have made available a new download in the section "Extensions and
utils": a set of North symbols for the Kosmo Desktop advanced printing
extension.

The section direct link is the next:

http://www.opengis.es/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=59&lang=en

It's the set of North symbols that were already present at the basic
printing. In order to use them, it's necessary to use the function
Insert > Image > Add archive from file... from OpenOffice Draw.

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

RE: New download available: Set of North symbols for the advanced printing extension

krojn
Dear all, I have problem with changing label of map into Thai language. If
any of us know how to do that. I've try to change by go to  :edit/change
style/ change font, but it 's not change.
krieng

Re: Thai language (was: New download available: Set of North symbols for the advanced printing extension)

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Krojn.

Could you explain a little more the problem you have with the language?
I have inserted Thai characters into a shapefile, configured a label
style and I've got results (see attached image).

Regards,

Thai example.png (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Thai language (was: New download available: Set ofNorth symbols for the advanced printing extension)

krojn
Good morning Sergio
I opened shape file and dbf file and I used  simbology/ label/font and
changed to thai font but it 's not been changed.
I attached a photo for you.
krojn

thai map.jpg (358K) Download Attachment

RE: Thai language (was: New download available: Set ofNorth symbols for the advanced printing extension)

krojn
I also attached 3 files in that photo for try out.
krojn

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

AMPHOE.SHX (280 bytes) Download Attachment
AMPHOE.DBF (3K) Download Attachment
AMPHOE.SHP (161K) Download Attachment

Re: Thai language (was: New download available: Set ofNorth symbols for the advanced printing extension)

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Krojn.

I've successfully loaded your shapefile. I think you're missing to
select the correct character set for Thai. See attached screenshoots
that shows which one you have to select (TIS - 620) and the result in a map.

select_thai_codepage.png (55K) Download Attachment
thai_layer_loaded.png (56K) Download Attachment

RE: Thai language (was: New download available:Set ofNorth symbols for the advanced printing extension)

krojn
Thank you, It 's working now. I try to translate Spanish manual to english
or Thai, it 's not easy.
krojn

krojn escribió:
> I also attached 3 files in that photo for try out.
> krojn

Don't start translating the current manuals to another language, we're
almost finished the new ones. Just wait a few days and they'll be
available to download.

Regards,

krojn escribió:

> Thank you, It 's working now. I try to translate Spanish manual to english
> or Thai, it 's not easy.
> krojn

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi Sergio,
do you (SAIG) plan to translate the PDF manual or to translate the videos? It seems to me that the second option is more interesting than the 1st one. Yust a thought....

Giuseppe

> Don't start translating the current manuals to another
> language, we're almost finished the new ones. Just wait a
> few days and they'll be available to download.
>
> Regards,
>
> krojn escribió:
> > Thank you, It 's working now. I try to translate
> Spanish manual to english
> > or Thai, it 's not easy.
> > krojn

Good morning Giuseppe.

Krojn was speaking about translating the manuals from Spanish to English
or Thai, so I pointed him that the current manuals are outdated, and the
new ones are almost finished.

Currently we don't have resources availables to translate all the new
manuals from Spanish to English. The videos are planned to be translated
in a short term, but actually the efforts are concentrated in finishing
the manuals in Spanish.

Regards,