New minutely replication test

Developer Discussion mailing list
One of the services the Operations Working Group (OWG) runs is the
replication feed for OSM changes. This is used to broadcast changes
which are picked up by data consumers. We are running a test of new
software to power the replication feed, osmdbt
(https://github.com/openstreetmap/osmdbt).
The existing software, osmosis, relies on quirks of PostgreSQL that do
not apply to more recent versions.

We are looking to have users test this new feed for correctness to make
  sure it works with their update processes and software. To use it
  adjust your replication URL from
https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/minute/
  to https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/test/minute/. We intend
  to offer hourly and daily update streams like are provided right now.
  When using the new diffs, there are several things to be aware of

- There is no simple relationship between the old sequence numbers and
   the new ones. Use the timestamps to work out what the new sequence
   number is.
- These are experimental and we're trying to find bugs. It might be
   necessary to stop them or run other maintenance.
- The current URL is not a long-term one. It will change.

We are particularly interested in reports from people who have written
custom OSM diff fetching code, as they may find different bugs in
osmdbt or their own code that the standard software does not.

If you have questions or issues, please comment on
https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues/475 or here.

Re: New minutely replication test

On 2020-11-20 10:08 a.m., Paul Norman via dev wrote:
> We are looking to have users test this new feed for correctness to make
> sure it works with their update processes and software. To use it
> adjust your replication URL from
> https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/minute/
> to https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/test/minute/. We intend
> to offer hourly and daily update streams like are provided right now.

The hourly and daily streams are now available at
https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/test/hour/
and https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/test/day/.